Movies that would be great MST3K material.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Equilibrium starring Christian Bale. Apparently regaining one's emotions involves blowing away everyone one meets. I was riffing on it as I watched it.

LuYangShih

First Post
Perhaps Street Fighter was worse than MK: Annhilation. On the other hand, Street Fighter was like watching the original Batman television show.... So corny and bad it was watchable.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. A few friends and I rented it tonight, as none of us had ever seen it - and oh my God it was so ungory. They always make out like it's the epitome of slasher flicks - it was the first, granted, but it's laughably bad, at least to me. Not a single shock in it for me.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Fellowship of the Ring.

When we got the extended DVD we had a couple of friends over and had a great time lampooning it.

MST3K doesn't have to be reserved just for bad movies!

Stormfalcon

First Post
LuYangShih said:
Perhaps Street Fighter was worse than MK: Annhilation. On the other hand, Street Fighter was like watching the original Batman television show.... So corny and bad it was watchable.

To add injury to insult, the Street Fighter movie ended up being the unfortunate tombstone for Raul Julia, who had shone in far better material. Damn shame that this had to be his last movie...

Welverin

First Post
Have you even watched MST3k

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Why do they just have to have BAD movies?

Because that's the entire point of the show.

LuYangShih said:
Perhaps Street Fighter was worse than MK: Annhilation.

No.

And that's even taking into consideration Van Damme-I-suck-big-putty-balls was in it.

LuYangShih

First Post
The worst part for me about Mortal Kombat: Annhilation was that I expected it to be as good as the first movie, and it did not even come close. Animalities... someone please stop the suck.

Villano

First Post
I'm surprised no one's mentioned "the film that doesn't exist". You know, the one that begins with the letter "H" and ends in "lander 2". The one that destroyed all the continuity of the previous movie and set the percendent of Worst Film Series Ever.

I actually recall reading an interview with either Mike or Joel back in the early '90s, stating that they would like to have done their take on it. Too bad they never did.

BTW, I realize that my above description of that certain film may be too vague for some people, so, for their benefit, I'll describe it as "the film that begins with the letter 'H' and ends in horrible pain and torment for the viewer". Know what it is now?

Remove ads