Movies that would be great MST3K material.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Villano said:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned "the film that doesn't exist". You know, the one that begins with the letter "H" and ends in "lander 2". The one that destroyed all the continuity of the previous movie and set the percendent of Worst Film Series Ever.

I actually recall reading an interview with either Mike or Joel back in the early '90s, stating that they would like to have done their take on it. Too bad they never did.

BTW, I realize that my above description of that certain film may be too vague for some people, so, for their benefit, I'll describe it as "the film that begins with the letter 'H' and ends in horrible pain and torment for the viewer". Know what it is now?

Highlander 2 with the MST3K treatment? Oh man, that would definately be worth seeing.

It would be worth paying money to see what Mike, Tom Servo, and Crow T. Robot would say about that movie. :D

Dark Jezter

First Post
Triple post (hey, that's what happens when the forums decide to go unresponsive when you're in the middle of posting)

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
>snip of DJ's thoughtless act< with the MST3K treatment? Oh man, that would definately be worth seeing.

It's the movie that shall not be named for a reason, so don't go naming it!

drnuncheon

Explorer
Villano said:
BTW, I realize that my above description of that certain film may be too vague for some people, so, for their benefit, I'll describe it as "the film that begins with the letter 'H' and ends in horrible pain and torment for the viewer". Know what it is now?

Ends in horrible pain and torment for the viewer?

No, the horrible pain and torment begins pretty much as soon as the studio IDs go off the screen.

J

Villano

First Post
LuYangShih said:
Ah. Highlander 2. My only familarity with the movie comes through this review: http://www.jabootu.com/highlander2.htm If you like MST3K, you will probably like that review, and that site. Fairly amusing, though the reviews tend to run quite long.

I love the Jabootu site even though I tend to just gloss over the reviews since they run so long (they're practically novelizations of the film). I recommend everyone read his take on Battlefield: Earth. Since his reviews are practically a shot-by-shot disection, you realize that nearly every scene transition was done via a wipe and nearly the entire movie was shot at a 45 degree angle.

And read his review of the Challenge Of The Superfriends dvd. You kind of forget how bad it really was. I love the animation errors (Batman and Robin can fly?).

It also made me realize that Aquaman was not the most useless member of the team; Hawkman was. His great superpower was he could fly? Half the team could do that (and the other half could, too, if the animators felt like it).

Remove ads