• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Moving to Jersey City, looking for a group

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Hi all,

I'll be moving to Jersey City in early August to take a job in Manhattan. I'm looking to continue gaming on the weekends and am hoping to find a good group to play with regularly.

I am 31 and just finished my PhD in sociology. I like to think I have good social skills and a good sense of humor and I am laid-back at the gaming table (I abhor rules-lawyering). I enjoy character optimization but I don't let it get in the way of a character concept or the DM's campaign world. I'm not the strongest roleplayer out there but I am perfectly happy to speak in character and I do try to avoid meta-gaming as much as possible. Basically I am looking for a group of fun people to hang out with, and "geek out."

I've been playing 4e for the last few years and prefer it but would also be happy to join a Pathfinder or 3.5e game; I enjoy those systems too though I am a bit rusty. I am also happy to learn new systems and have played All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Descent and Full Thrust with previous groups from time to time.

Oh and I am happy to run one-shot adventures or very short campaigns from time to time if the primary DM needs a short break. It would probably be modules though; Given the new job, I doubt I will have time to write up my own world/adventures for a while.

Please send me a message if you think I'd be a good fit for your group.:)

I currently live in Cliffside Park, but GM a game in NYC/Astoria. The information of the campaign is in my profile; the group is in their mid 30s and pretty consistent; we play about once every 3 weeks on the weekends. If interested, shoot me an email: ppanavalli AT Gmail.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Ok, Saphlyx + his contact + Swny Nerdgasm + me makes four players in Jersey City. If we can find another 1-2 people and someone is willing to be the GM, we got ourselves a game. Any other takers?

Swny Nerdgasm

First Post
depending on my other groups go, I'd have no problem running a game, but since I at the moment am running three semi-regular groups(A Pathfinder, a Call of Cthulhu, and a HEX game.) I may be running full speed into some GM burn-out and would probably be better suited as a player at the moment.

Remove ads