• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MP3 player for Mac

RichCsigs

First Post
Is there a good MP3 player for Mac that WON'T copy my cds onto the hard drive if I want to listen to them. Or (even better) is there a way to get ITunes to just play the songs off the disc (not download them)?

RichCsigs

First Post
I realize that in reading my original post that I didn't clarify that the CD was a burned CD of MP3s. When I play normal CDs it works fine. But when I put it my cds of MP3s (I like to make mixed discs), it insist on copying all the files to the hard drive. Is there a way to get it to stop doing that and play the MP3s off the disk? Because even with the settings where you told me to put them it still copys the MP3s.

dvvega

Explorer
I think your issue is that iTunes copies any music you play across depending on your settings.

You are after:

iTunes>Preferences>Advanced>General

check if you have the box checked that says

"Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to library"

This should be unchecked.

What will happen is that the song titles will be imported and listed in your iTunes but the music will be deemed to be "stored elsewhere".

Hopefully that's what you're after.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads