• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MP3 Players

justinbot

First Post
So my three year old iPod finally died the other day. Which is all well and good because my birthday is coming up and I'm in the market for a new one anyway.

I'm leaning towards one of the new generation iPods or a Zune. Anyway know what differentiates the two besides color selection? Or anyone know of any other good MP3 players?

Quick note on what I use mine for:

Music, podiobooks, and podcasts. Not just a little either, I had 26 gigs of music on the iPod that died, so I need something with a lot of space. Video playback is a big plus because I like to watch TV shows/video podcasts during breaks at work or in between classes or even in between games at the LGS.

So any recommendations out there in ENWorld land?

ssampier

First Post
Since you're used to the iPod I say stick with that unless you really, really hate iTunes or love WMA to death.

Or, you want to subscribe to those all-you-can-eat music lease programs like Rhapsody. There have been rumors Apple was going to offer the same thing, but nothing yet.

If you're looking for reviews, here you go:

New Zune

Last edited:

warren123

Banned
Banned
Recently I just received this Zune 80GB MP3 Video Player at a deal price of $239

I've owned some different kinds of iPods, as well as the original Zune, and I must say, that this product is by far the best of the group. It's easier to use, has a nicer screen, very generous capacity, great sound and video playback, a built in radio, and sleek design. pretty good for me. worth to have a try.

ki11erDM

Explorer
The iPod Touch is the best thing going but you can almost buy a small laptop for that price and no huge drive. If you don't go with that then I would say a new Zune. My wife adores hers and I love how it interacts with my 360.

Remove ads