• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Panzermeyer

First Post
More Purple,

This is hands down the best character sheet around, the spell sheet generator is awesome. I am using this character sheet in all my groups. Nice to see the update.

One question, seems you have removed the option to use proficiency dice. Was this intentional? Or am I missing how to get it to show?

Thanks

Panzermeyer

Aramalian

Explorer
Hey Purple -- amazing work as always... I await each update with great anticipation!

Fire Bolt is filling the damage field with d8 damage when it is a d10 damage cantrip. So far that's the only thing I've found to be not working.

Thanks everybody for your kind words, I'm striving for improvements on this sheet every chance I get and your help is greatly appreciated. I'll just quickly answer your comments:

I am loving the sheet you have made, quite awesome, but i have run into 2 problems, when i choose a weapon it does not allow me to pick any relevant ability, also when i choose an armor it does not auto calculate, is there some obvious first step i missed?
@Chis Oker: You should be able to choose the relevant ability for weapon attacks in the drop-down list under "Ability". I'm unable to reproduce your problem with armor not auto-calculating. What pdf viewing software, operating system, and version of the sheet are you using? And make sure you are not viewing the pdf in a browser window!

6.1 error (...) TypeError: this["lang" + i] is undefined
201:Field:Validate
@Athinar: I made a mistake and didn't test the code properly, which made selecting the race or background give this error. Thank you for letting me know! Although next time when you notice an error, could you also quickly tell what you were doing? Something like "when picking race I get the following error". That would really speed up the bug-fixing process :)

i try to play a little with the sheet and in the Equipment button i noticed that when i press reset it removes all the equipment but it leaves the gold as it is..
and in v6.1 some autofilled fields have been disabled. example the movement speed and the vision section. also in gnome (forest) i didn't mark the adv on INT, WIS, CHA on saving throws.
@Fitsou: Good idea, I've changed the reset equipment to include all the fields in the equipment section in v6.2.

The autofilled field bug you mentioned is because of the error Athinar reported. It should be fixed in v6.2.

I'm pretty sure I've tried to search the docs but can't seem to find out how multi-classed characters (should) work?
I done my Halfling "Rouge (Assassin) 3rd, Fighter 1st, Wizard 1st"
@knith & Athinar: Multiclassing should be easy and I hoped it was clear from the tooltip (mouseover) text in the "Class" field. To enter a multi-classed character you should write a class followed by its level. This level should be only numbers, no 'st' or 'rd' behind it! So for example: "Assassin 8, Wizard 3, Cleric (Light Domain) 5".

Is there a Video for this PDF? Could Help with some of the questions
@Athinar: Good idea, I'll look into that!

One question, seems you have removed the option to use proficiency dice. Was this intentional? Or am I missing how to get it to show?
@Panzermeyer: It is still there, it just isn't visible in the default view. You can make the 'use proficiency die' checkbox field visible by pressing the 'modifiers' button :)

Fire Bolt is filling the damage field with d8 damage when it is a d10 damage cantrip.
@Aramalian: Thank you for letting me know, this was a type obviously! It has been fixed in v6.2.

Last edited:

With the changes mentioned in the post above, there is a new version available in the downloads section, v6.2

Version 6.2 has the following changelog:
- Corrected bugs with adding race and/or background that included a bonus language proficiency
- Made it possible to add dynamic ability modifiers to any of the optional modifier fields, a.k.a. ‘blue text fields’ as well as for the miscellaneous modifier for Initiative
- Added tooltips for all these changed ‘blue text fields’
- Fixed some bugs with changing the class
- Changed the ‘Reset adventuring gear’ button to ‘Reset equipment section’ which resets all the fields in the section, including coins, lifestyle and gems
- Fixed the damage die for 'Fire Bolt' (thanks Aramalian for noticing)

Last edited:

Panzermeyer

First Post
Thanks everybody for your kind words, I'm striving for improvements on this sheet every chance I get and your help is greatly appreciated. I'll just quickly answer your comments:

@Panzermeyer: It is still there, it just isn't visible in the default view. You can make the 'use proficiency die' checkbox field visible by pressing the 'modifiers' button :)

Thanks Purple, keep up the excellent work.

Aramalian

Explorer
New and interesting hiccups --

When I import an older character (from V5.8), then reset the sheet and try and build a new character, something is getting stuck in the background with regard to the character's XP and level. I'm going to delete everything I've downloaded, redownload the package and see if it happens again.

Also, I can only automatically add one personality trait and we need to be able to add two.

EDIT: These comments refer to 6.1, not 6.2 -- More Purple is just too fast and amazing :)

knith

First Post
Purple - WOW - I'd missed the tooltips on the Class bit. It works PERFECTLY. This character sheet is AMAZING!!! Thanks!

ETA: So the character sheet is amazing and I'd moved onto the spell sheet but, after trying several things (installing and reinstalling all the fonts, rebooting, adjusting paper types and margins, etc) the Excel fine works just fine to generate the lists but when I go to print the "Spell Sheet" tab has the rows what appears to be something like half height and the text for each row only shows about half the text before being cut off by the row above/below it.

Anyone else had this error or have seen this happen? Suggestions?

Last edited:

Telgar

Villager
I join the chorus of thanks here - very nice job on both the character and spell sheets !

Just a question: is there a way to use a domain on the spell sheet (I use v3.6) ? When I try to manually create (add Subclass tab) the Light Domain, I've got the message it's already in use but I don't see any other tab/field where I can use it.

(...)When I import an older character (from V5.8), then reset the sheet and try and build a new character, something is getting stuck in the background with regard to the character's XP and level.(...)
Also, I can only automatically add one personality trait and we need to be able to add two.
@Aramalian: Do you still have this issue with v6.2? Otherwise it might be something that only happens on import, as it imports it cell by cell, meaning that at one point your Level and XP won't match, trigering the pop-up box. Just click cancel every time and I think it will be fine. If not, let me know!

I'm toying with the idea of making all four background aspects be added to the text instead of replacing it. Would this be a welcome feature, or just for the Personality Trait?

(...)but when I go to print the "Spell Sheet" tab has the rows what appears to be something like half height and the text for each row only shows about half the text before being cut off by the row above/below it.(...)
@knith: This is an error somebody else contacted me with via email. Unfortunately we never resolved it as I wasn't able to recreate the problem, and he stopped responding to my email. He only had problems on one PC, while others worked fine. He thought the problem might be related to the fact that he had very high resolution display and set his Windows 8.1 to 250% font size. However, when I did that with my Windows 7, I had no issues. The problem arises from the fact that the rows are set to auto-height and MS Excel somehow thinks the font has less height. I'm unsure what might cause this and the web unfortunately holds no answers that I could find.

looks like my computer uses foxit phantom pdf express(...)
@Chris Oker: That's probably where it goes wrong. As I say on the download page, the only software I give support for is Adobe Acrobat Reader (or Pro). Do you still have the issues when you use the latest version of Acrobat Reader?

(...)is there a way to use a domain on the spell sheet (I use v3.6)(...)
@Telgar: You should be able to select the subclasses at the field "Class Path" on the "Input" tab. Only once you select a class that has any subclasses that give spells are there any class paths displayed. After you selected "Cleric" from the "Class" drop-down box, do you see the text "Class Path" with a drop-down box with a list of domains after it?

The "Add Subclass" tab is just for adding custom, homemade subclasses.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads