D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Hi Skybrush,

Thank you for your kind words! Great to read you enjoy my work :)

As for your Paladin's spell troubles... As far as I know, Paladins don't have any spells 'known' but are able to prepare any spell from their class list after a long rest. That is why the Spell Sheet generator doesn't offer you any option for 'Spells Known', because you can change prepared spells very often. So instead it gives you the full Paladin spell list and the amount of spells you can prepare/memorize from that list, as well as the automatically prepared spells from the Paladin Oath.

Cheers!

Skybrush

First Post
Well, aren't I silly! I didn't realize you could prepare a different set after each long rest! I just read it as the paladin knowing a set of spells equal to his paladin level/2 plus his cha modifier!

After reading it again I now see that you're absolutely correct! Thanks!

Rustico89

First Post
Can you add more than only 2 blank line for spell level in the Spell Sheet? For Mages would be rly nice, so they can reprint the sheet lesser :)
And can you add the possibility to add spell in to the library and/or the possibility to customise some spell? (Exemple: Burning Hands in Light Domain of cleric for some world must be changed in Radiand Hands or something, and the dmg tipe too, like the elimination on the burning object effect)

Thankyou! And for the rest the Sheet is GREAT! :)

Hi Rustico89,

You are in luck, all the things you request you can do yourself if you are using the Spell Sheet generator Excel. If you are in fact talking about the Complete Spell Sheets per class pdf, than it is a different story (you don't specify in your post, but I figure you're talking a bout the Excel).

On the Database tab you can add spells or even change spells. The tab is not protected by a password. Just unprotect it in the ribbon under "Review >> Unprotect Sheet".

After unprotecting it, go to the bottom of the blue table lines in the Database (there should be the spell called "ZzEmptyLine lvl9_2") and start typing in the line just below that (cell A426). The table should then be extended to include the new line you just made. You can continue this process to add as many spells as you like. You could add some new spells that consist of empty lines, or spells that you got from other resources.

Note that you should only change the name of a spell in the "Spell" column (Column Q) if you want to change how the name of a spell is displayed on the final spell sheet. If you change the name in the first column "Spell_Name_Full", it will no longer be found as being part of the Cleric Domain.

Hope you get it to work as desired!

der_kluge

Adventurer
Love the sheet. Any way we can get a non-value generating version? One that just has blanks where the 10s in the ability score boxes are, for example. I just want blank sheets I can print for my players so they can fill in the values at the actual gaming table, minus any electronic devices.

You can absolutely get that der_kluge. Just press the Show more features red button on the top right of the first page and continue with pressing the button that says 'hide auto-filled'. That should make for an empty sheet that you can print and fill out by hand :)

I just updated this Character Sheet to version 6.0, which is a big overhaul of functionality. All armors, weapons, classes, races, backgrounds, and equipment packs are selectable and fully automated. See here for the downloads and a list of all the new features.

Also, both the Spell Sheet generator and the Complete Spell Sheets per class have been updated to correspond with the PHB errata.

Until now a lot of people have posted comments in the download section. I'm here to ask everybody to please post your comments in this thread. The reason for this is that the forum gives notifications, while the comment section in the download area does not.

Enjoy using the sheets!

SleepyShaman

First Post
Thank you...

I'm just getting into the D&D world and this is what I needed- playing with experienced players so I this will help me a lot.
I was able to open the example PDF's and this was exactly what I was looking for, Bravo!!

I get numerous error messages when attempting to open the Excel components on my Macbook in Numbers

-Some formula's could not be exported. Last values retained
-Unsupported formula's were replaced with last calculated values
-Password Protection on Sheets was removed
-The font Calilbri isn't available in OSX. It was replaced with Trebuchet MS
-Unsupported conditional highlighting was removed

The previous version of open office 4.01 won't open the file and it's the only one available right now on Mac (Open office is at version 4.10 so 4.01 is pretty old)
Any advice on making this work with Numbers?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi SleepyShaman,

Great to hear that you like my work! And having people report errors is always helpful for the development process, so thank you for that as well :)

The Excel sheet is just as the naming implies, it is just for Excel. Because it uses a lot of VBA code to accomplish everything it won't work in any other program than Microsoft Excel. Other programs simply don't support the VBA language (enough) to run the code properly. If it's a Mac solution you're looking for you should use Excel 2011 (the latest version of Excel for Mac).

Making this sheet work on Open Office would require to redo all the code as Open Office works very different than Excel with the types of things I want it to do. As it was already a lot of work making this Excel I hope you can understand I don't intend to make another one that does the exact same thing if I can use the one I have already made.

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
Greetings, morepurplemorebetter! I adore your work thus far. Thank you very much for it.
I have some requests and a gift. The requests are shorter, so I shall start with them.

1) In the most recent version, there is no longer support for "Agonizing Blast." Would it be too much to ask to have that reinstated? On that note, are "Eldritch Spear" and "Agonizing Spear" feasible, or are they right out due to the "Spear" keyword trigger?

2) Would it also be possible to make auto-filled fields from the Race menu reversible, or at least highlighted? If, for instance, one wishes to play an aasimar, but is then told that they are disallowed in the next campaign, so one plays a human, one has to manually remove the resistances. A would-be dwarf has to remove poison resistance, saving throw advantage to poisons, proficiencies, more proficiencies, and re-enter the language that (s)he put on the third language line. I see that you now denote background-granted languages in the second box, so that's one thing. Come to think of it, that's another field that, to me, could be reversible. Anyway, it'd be more convenient if we only had to fix our ability scores, or at least had something pointing at us and saying, "Hey, I was modified by a thing that you re-modified, so do the thing where you put the things in my things."

3) Allow us to edit the contents of auto-calculated attack boxes. None of these requests are high in priority, but this is one that I'd particularly like to see. It helps with Agonizing Blast and custom- Aaaaaaaand you already did this via the blue text fields. Right. Of course. I can't even write a request before you've added it. Stop being so bloody awesome!
Okay, well, at least there's the corollary request: Add STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, and CHA as keywords that can be added into those custom modifier fields. It's another terribly minor convenience addition, but, hey, if you don't ask, you don't receive, no?

This char sheet is so useful! I can't believe how well-designed it is. Excellent work, man. Now, I'll have to submit my gift in a separate post for ease of access.

EDIT: Oh, one last thing! There isn't an easy way for me to convert my 5.98 char sheets to 6.0 in Adobe Reader, is there?

Remove ads