(MSH) Nightmares of Futures Past

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] If this were a normal time period/game you would be able to buy a beer everytime you walked in a bar. But in this you make a two resource rolls each tme you wish to "purchase" something. So I rolled and got a green result meaning you can purchase the beer (let's say you haggled to purchase as many drinks as you wish for the day.) And the second result - white :( means it reduced your resources by one rank. Any other result and they would have stayed the same. When they hit Shift 0 you are broke but have the car to "cash in".

Let's just say Fastlane took something from his pockets to pay the bartender.

Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Bring Fastlane a beer the bartender scoffs "Hrmph, to hear him tell it the commies be the blame of everything. But I say those tin cans be the trouble but the good news is they are leaving. Yep, going on because everything here is getting better what with the relocation and all."

The bartender turns on the t.v. again and heads to the end of the bar to get another round for some customers. The news is over and some paid advertisement for mutant detecting dogs is on. So Fastlane looks around the bar noticing the man by himself before when he came in, Fastlane is surprised he missed the inhibitor collar around the obvious mutants neck.

[sblock=note] Inhibitor collars are used to repress mutant powers and most mutants volunteer to have the collar put on them and not be placed in a Mutant Internment Camp (MIC)

Reminder- there was a pamplete on the relocation program back at the safehouse. [/sblock]

rangerjohn

Explorer
Fastlane

Thanking the bartender for the beer, Fastlane makes his way to the man with the collar. "You here that? Now your a commie, guess that makes him Mc Carthy! I think the founders would be rolling in thier graves, if they wern't bored out already."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sheng

Nervously looking over his shoulder into the backroom through the doorway, the shop keeper turns to Sheng and hands him the turtle. "You want this old paper weight fine, please take it and good riddance to it to. Now I'm sorry I need to close early to date can you see yourself out please."

Sheng could feel the nervous shaking in the man's hands as he handed over the priceless heirloom. His Intution tells him something is not right.

[sblock=MSH]
In Marvel Superheroes if you have an ability or power rank greater than the opposing FEAT or Intensity rank, you get an auto success. Say you have Incredible STRENGTH and wish to lift something of Excellent weight, will in MSH that happens automatically no check. So in this case your Intution Rank is higher than his opposing try at deception. [/sblock]

Fastlane

The man looks Fastlane up and down before giving a smile and nod. "I don't know much about that windbag, them NASI members all be scream that 'One Blood, One People, One Nation" crap. But them Soiviets now I grew up as they was coming into their own, I remember before the sentinels my dad saying they were a threat to everyone here in the U.S." Taking a drink the man offers Fastlane a seat next to him.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng takes the turtle, but frowns at the man. "The words that come from your mouth are not the ones your spirit speaks. What is back in that room that you are so affraid of? Tell me now or I, Sheng, shall see with my own eyes."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sheng

"You ain't gonna see nothin' ever again big mouth!" A gunman says as he comes rushing out of the backroom to point a .44 Magnum at Sheng. Another man joins the first from the back room, he carries a jute sack full of things that obviously don't belong to him over his shoulder.

[sblock=Round 1]
Surprise round over, round 1 started. Please post your init with your action. [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng smiles. "I was hoping that you would say such a thing" he says before turning invisible and getting close to the gunman. Sheng will attempt to snap the man's neck as soon as possible, or remove his gun if he is not able to do the first.

Init: 6

rangerjohn

Explorer
Fastlane

OOC: I'm really at an impass, anybody with information on the resistance, would not pass it along. Because they neither know me, nor can they trust me. If I just go around asking anyone I meet, I'm just going to wind up in an internment camp if I'm speaking to a mole. Or dead if I spook the wrong person.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc] I wasn't thinking anything like that this guy just wants to talk world history with you so you can get a feel for what's going on. Now Fastlane would watch his questioning because anyone who wears a collar does so voulnteering to have it on. And he would not want to end up in a camp.

VV you do know killing = zero karma and you lose any karma you already have?

I'm at work no time to update right now but will tonight. [/sblock]

Remove ads