D&D 5E MTOF: Elves are gender-swapping reincarnates and I am on board with it

Yaarel

He Mage
You know, you can ignore any rule or flavor text you want, right? Been that way since day 1, and it’s easy and pretty instant. I don’t know what you mean by weeks of aggravation, but if a GAME is causing that, stop playing it. No recreational activity should ever cause weeks of aggravation.

When there is too too many references to something, then no, I cannot ignore it.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm probably going to ignore most of the elven lore around past lives and reincarnation as well as the male/female swapping in settings other than where Corellon plays a prominent role. It might fit fine with some settings but it doesn't really suit others like Dark Sun and Dragonlance where Corellon has nothing to do with the creation of elves. My own homebrew tends to have nothing to do with him either. For Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk then I'd be fine with the Blessing of Corellon but I'd probably still ignore the past lives/reincarnation bit.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm probably going to ignore most of the elven lore around past lives and reincarnation as well as the male/female swapping in settings other than where Corellon plays a prominent role. It might fit fine with some settings but it doesn't really suit others like Dark Sun and Dragonlance where Corellon has nothing to do with the creation of elves. My own homebrew tends to have nothing to do with him either. For Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk then I'd be fine with the Blessing of Corellon but I'd probably still ignore the past lives/reincarnation bit.
Don't have the book yet, bit I am given to understand that MToF addresses Dark Sun Elves in relation to the D&D miltiverse, albeit briefly.

Sacrosanct

Legend
When there is too too many references to something, then no, I cannot ignore it.

If it’s that much of a hassle, and in fact caused you weeks of aggravation, then perhaps you’re playing the wrong game. There isn’t anything I can think of that I couldn’t change at my table, but if there were something so big that I couldn’t, I’d play something else. It’s just a game.

Yaarel

He Mage
5e. Light Domain cleric. Done. 100% strictly legal. No reference whatsoever to any diety.

What's the difference?

Strictly illegal. By the way, illegal in AL.

Too many references to gods everywhere else in the Players Handbook and other core rules.

Impossible to play without running into gods.

Yaarel

He Mage
If it’s that much of a hassle, and in fact caused you weeks of aggravation, then perhaps you’re playing the wrong game. There isn’t anything I can think of that I couldn’t change at my table, but if there were something so big that I couldn’t, I’d play something else. It’s just a game.

Yet, I was able to play D&D for twenty years with joy. Sadly, 5e changed the game.

Remove ads