• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

multi-classing a half-elf ranger

ethandrul

First Post
Ok, so I am thinking about making a 1/2 elf ranger (multi-classing into something)
I have read the thread about the dillitant ability-
now I am thinking hmmm- what do I take? I basically get 2 at will as encounters right?

do quarry and sneak attack stack?
what 2 powers should I pick to make an awesome ranger?

oh, and what all does multiclassing do for you?

rhm001

First Post
ethandrul said:
Ok, so I am thinking about making a 1/2 elf ranger (multi-classing into something)
I have read the thread about the dillitant ability-
now I am thinking hmmm- what do I take? I basically get 2 at will as encounters right?

do quarry and sneak attack stack?
what 2 powers should I pick to make an awesome ranger?

oh, and what all does multiclassing do for you?

Dilettante gives you another class's at-will 1/encounter. The multiclass feat gives you a class power; how often depends on the class. If you take the wizard or warlock multiclass, it DOES work the same way as Dilittante, giving you one of the spells (pact specific for warlock) 1/encounter; fighter, paladin and ranger all get their "mark" abilities 1/encounter (I believe the erratta says it's for 1 round); rogue gets sneak attack 1/encounter; priest and warlord get their healing abilities 1/day (I don't believe it's been clarified whether this means up to 2 times during 1 encounter, or only 1 time during 1 encounter).

I believe you are correct, quarry and sneak attack can stack. Idon't think I'm up to date enough on the ranger at-wills to comment on those.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads