• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multi-classing: thrill me

Dan'L

First Post
I was wondering, if you were planning to stay single-classed but wanted to pick up a Skill Training feat, mightn't you be better off grabbing a cross-class feat instead?

-Dan'L

Danceofmasks

First Post
Yes.
But they come with prereqs (which is an issue when you're into char op, but probably not a big deal otherwise), in additional to being limited to only taking 1 from the whole bunch.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I'd love to do an archer ranger/rogue, however the rogue weapon limitations for sneak attack really don't mesh very well with the archer ranger. I am hoping there will be a future feat that makes this a better combination.

theNater

First Post
How about a fighter multiclassing into wizard to pick up Scorching Burst or Thunderwave as an encounter power? Who cares about hitting, it lets you mark all enemies in a 3x3 as an extra encounter ability.

WereMike

First Post
I think the name "multiclass" is misleading. A PC only gets to "dabble" in the second class and access to powers is fairly (unfairly?) restricted. This really seems more like a "minor" in a college degree. I'm a Fighter with a minor in Wizard...I can cast Ray of Frost once an encounter as a nice ace up my sleeve.

Granted, you get access to feats and paragon paths...

Wish

First Post
There's a good chance I'm reading it wrong, but a melee cleric multiclassing to fighter for the pit fighter paragon (+Wis to damage) seems pretty good.

Danceofmasks

First Post
Wish said:
There's a good chance I'm reading it wrong, but a melee cleric multiclassing to fighter for the pit fighter paragon (+Wis to damage) seems pretty good.

Yeah, it works. I wouldn't say the +wis is the best feature though ... the +1 AC is pretty sweet.
Although, I'd still lean towards cleric paragon paths.

Andor

First Post
Follow the way of the staff.

Wizard w Student of the Sword (Staff)

Go into the Kensai

You're now at +3 (+4 once per encounter) to hit and with weapon focus between +2 and +7 (depending on level) to damage with all your powers as long as you are wielding a staff as an implement.

Plus you can whack some shmoe in the face if he gets too close and you have two good damage mitigation powers.

Andor

First Post
I've also been amusing myself with a Dwarlock/lord.

Infernal Pack Dwarf Warlock multiclassed into Warlord to get to the Knight Commander prestige class paragon path.

Not exactly game breaking but the mental image of an armoured dwarf striding through the fray with warhammer in one hand and flaming rod in the other snarling orders at his underlings and zot!ing foes is too cool. I'm also picturing him as a closet Bane worshiper. :)

Remove ads