• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multi-classing: thrill me

Cirex

First Post
PH 215, Improvised Weapons ;)

If I tell my players that they can use their tails in combat I will have a few weeks of recurrent jokes about it.

EDIT : If I were a player, I'd go for Warlord with Wizard multiclassing. Eladrin most likely, although human wouldn't be too bad, since as paragon I'd go for multiclassing, to have three at-wills, 1 warlord, 2 wizard, or 2 warlord, 1 wizard.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
a fey warlock with sly florish as an encounter power, in case things go bad.
He may pick up a rogue utility at some point, but will mostly stay warlock.

Okay thats the 1/2 elf ability not the multiclass feat, but still.

Last edited:

med stud

First Post
A fighter, preferably elf, eladrin or human, with high Str and Dex multiclassing into Rogue. By either using rapier and shield or going TWF with heavy blade + light blade you can have rogue powers that deal more damage than fighter powers while at the same time having the marks, armour and HP of a defender. Especially at level 11 when you can exchange an at-will power, rogues have some really good at-wills.

rkwoodard

First Post
feats

4e multi-classing rules are rather restrictive and I have been struggling to think of class combos that are actually worth giving up a standard feat.

Remember, feats are not the precious resource they were in 3.x. Everybody gets alot, and they are in not in and of themselves super powerful. At least by my experience.

RK

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Treat people? I said 4e left sense in the parking lot. Unless it says "4e" on his birth certificate that's not a personal attack.

The bit of text I quoted seemed to be pretty rude and personal, at least to me, especially when all he said was that he was wasn't going to reply anymore when you told him that "common sense" has no place in 4e - thus establishing that you were approaching the rules from a completely different viewpoint than him, and quite likely rendering any further discussion pointless.

Of course, that's an inference on my part - I don't know the guy. Much like you, I'm just posting my opinion.

JDillard

First Post
I'm really looking forward to my Elven Archer Ranger/Cleric. 16/16/13/10/10/8 point buy gets my Dex and Wis to 18 after racial bonuses, so at that point I can pretty interchangeably attack with cleric wis-based ranged powers or ranger ones. I also get some nice healing powers. Holy symbol implements aren't wielded either, so I don't have to worry about switching between longbow and some other item.

Closest I can get to the old nature-magic ranger of the past. Planning on giving him rituals magic as he levels up, and he'll be a pretty workable striker with some leader backup. *very excited*

Some other fun combinations might be (although some are obvious or already mentioned):

-Cha Rogue/Lock for eyebite
-Int Warlord/Wiz for some extra AoE
-Cha Warlord/Lock just for fun

Like I said, some of those might be obvious, but they're still neat. :)

Trying to think up some less obvious ones...

-Any Lock/Ranger for Hunter's Quarry and Stealth training to go with the lock's concealment when moving power

Hmm. Brain's not coming up with anything offhand. I know there's more. :)

rhm001

First Post
A fighter, preferably elf, eladrin or human, with high Str and Dex multiclassing into Rogue. By either using rapier and shield or going TWF with heavy blade + light blade...

If you're going with the TWF option, you might also consider half-elf. Yes, you lose out by not having an 18 in either Str or Dex, (you'd go with 2 16s,) but you can take Twin Strike 1/encounter, so you're actually using both of your weapons, and your Cha bump can help with some of the Rogue powers you might want to take.

med stud

First Post
If you're going with the TWF option, you might also consider half-elf. Yes, you lose out by not having an 18 in either Str or Dex, (you'd go with 2 16s,) but you can take Twin Strike 1/encounter, so you're actually using both of your weapons, and your Cha bump can help with some of the Rogue powers you might want to take.
That's right, I didn't think about that.

I also think a fighter with wizard multiclassing can be nice if you focus on close bursts. You will be in the thick of things anyway and you have the HP to take a beating. The intelligence won't do much for your fighter abilities but OTOH it's maybe not even necessary with a high Strength. You can mark opponents by the dozens and by level 11 you will be able to attack with a wizard at-will instead of a fighter at-will.

Anthom

First Post
I’m thinking about trying a Paladin multiclass with Cleric and taking the Radiant Servant PP and focus on taking powers with the Radiant keyword.

Illuminating Attacks (11th level): Your powers that have the radiant keyword can now score a critical hit with a natural die roll of 19 or 20.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads