• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiclass Feat Weirdness?

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
Scholar & Brutalman said:
I was going to post a nearly identical comment but I thought it was Massawyrm who said it.

Has anyone come up with good uses of the multiclassing feats, except for the entry feats and access to Paragon Paths? They seem so expensive for what you get.

I can see using Ranger multiclassing as a rogue, or vice versa. Specifically, an archer-ranger might get some use out of rogue powers like Sand in the Eyes that allow dex-based melee attacks, while a strength-heavy rogue might enjoy the extra mobility and multiple attacks offered by ranger attack powers.

I'd imagine there's similar crossover between the two leader classes and the two defender classes.

I can also think of a whole bunch of situations where multiclass utility powers would be sweet.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
OK, so I'm not alone in noticing the Initiate of the Faith multiclass feat seems to be nearly worthless, qualifying you only for the Power-Swap feats and granting the least "cleric-y" power in the cleric class.

This is unforgivable.

All in all, its just another brick in the wall. :(

Dice4Hire

First Post
silentounce said:
Yay!!! $e!!!!

Woops, damn shift key sticks, Mountain Dew and Cheeto spillage.

Note the lack of other inappropriate shift key errors in this post.....

Drop the $E, it wasn't funny the first time 1 billion times ago.

theNater

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
OK, so I'm not alone in noticing the Initiate of the Faith multiclass feat seems to be nearly worthless, qualifying you only for the Power-Swap feats and granting the least "cleric-y" power in the cleric class.
Healing Word isn't cleric-y? What would you prefer?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Healing Word isn't cleric-y? What would you prefer?

1) In a game where every class already has Healing Surges , Healing word is much less cleric-y than Channel Divine, which opens up Turn Undead and a host of feats that are open only to real clerics- IOW, those PCs with Channel Divine.

2) Unlike the other multiclassing feats related to spellcasting classes, IotF grants no spellcasting ability- effectively making you a non-spellcasting spellcaster. To gain any spellcasting power, you have to wait until 4th level to qualify for the Novice Power feat.

Either Channel Divine or some kind of spellcasting would have been more "cleric-y" than Healing Word.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I think it also has to do with a shift in perceptions - Paragon Paths are not the same as Prestige Classes, and they're not as easy to qualify for.

If you want to play, say, a Stormwarden then start as a Ranger - it's as simple as that. Multi-classing in the old 50/50 split way is gone, multiclassing is now just something that allows you to dabble in another class. You do, however, still need to pick a primary class that your Paragon Path is likely to be keyed off.

Remove ads