• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

multiclass warlock question

ethandrul

First Post
Ok so I am now considering a warlock multiclassed into ranger (mainly for stealth)

but my question is can you use hunters quarry with eldrich blast?

Cyronax

Explorer
I worked up the same build for a gnome fey-pact warlock with the ranger multi-class feat yesterday ironically. I believe that Hunter's Quarry does work with the eldritch blast, as well as nearly all of the warlock's damage dealing spells. Hunter's Quarry doesn't specify the type of weapon or power to use with it (like rogue's Sneak Attack), so its a very good option for multi-classers.

In order to initially activate the hunter's quarry, you're warlock needs to be the closest enemy to you as your quarry (as a minor action once per encounter). Since you have hunter's quarry as a class feature from the warrior of the wild feat, I believe it remains active until the end of the encounter.

The Hunter's Quarry also should stack with Warlock's Curse, which enables you to do an extra +2d6 damage (more with certain ranger feats), on top of your normal spell damage.

Not a bad combo.

Ander00

First Post
Keep in mind that the hunter's quarry ability gained through multiclassing is supposed to only last until the end of the turn after you use it. But while it is active, it'd certainly work.

cheers

bganon

Explorer
Ander00 said:
Keep in mind that the hunter's quarry ability gained through multiclassing is supposed to only last until the end of the turn after you use it. But while it is active, it'd certainly work.

What gives you this idea? As far as I can tell it's identical to the regular hunter's quarry aside from the 1/enc restriction.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Ander00 said:
Keep in mind that the hunter's quarry ability gained through multiclassing is supposed to only last until the end of the turn after you use it.
Do you have a cite for this? The rules I've read say otherwise.

Cheers, -- N

Khaim

First Post
Nifft said:
Do you have a cite for this? The rules I've read say otherwise.

What rules? The only thing I can find is what's written in the book, and that wording is completely ambiguous. (Specifically, "use" could refer to either placing the effect or getting the extra damage.) By the way, the Paladin's multiclass has the same problem.

Remove ads