• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiclass Wizards and Spellbooks

Thasmodious

First Post
I am fairly certain WotC has answered this question, but getting confirmation or pointing in the right direction would be helpful.

A wizard multiclasses into warlock, takes the adept power feat. Would he swap one of his two wizard spells for one warlock power, keeping the other wizard spell, and thus the benefit of his spellbook or would he give up both of his spells of one level for 1 warlock power?

(iirc, it's the first one)

sukael

First Post
Thasmodius said:
Would he swap one of his two wizard spells for one warlock power, keeping the other wizard spell, and thus the benefit of his spellbook or would he give up both of his spells of one level for 1 warlock power?

http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1396 said:
If you swap a power with a power from a different class through multiclassing or replace a power because of gaining levels you replace both spell choices with the new power.

This sentence is only here because the forum kept refusing to post a message with only quotes in it.

Alaric_Argent

First Post
Sukael is correct, yet RAW has it "swap one" (PHB p. 209). The biggest difference I noted was that the feats are power-type specific: encounter attack (Novice), utility (Acolyte), or Daily attack (Adept).

One wonders how to factor in the Expanded Spellbook (extra spells in repertoire from levels ending in 5 or 9, I think)...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads