• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiple bonusses in magic items!?

Frostflame

First Post
Quinnman said:
Multiple Different Abilities:
"... . For items that do take up a space on a character´s body (such as a ring or a necklace), each additional power not only has no discount but instead has a 50% increase in price. A belt of Strength +4 and Dexterity +4 is more valuable than a belt of Strength worn with gauntlets of Dexterity, since it takes up only one space on a character´s body."

Reading this text the cost for an additional power (and not the power with the highest value since the table is overruled in errata) is increased by 50% which means that the power you add is more expensive so you should add a cheap power to an item with a more expensive power...

As for upgrading, I think it works just like normal: you pay the increase in worth from the original item (+50% if you improve a power later added).

Aurio said:
Huh? you can make items with multiple abilities? :eek: Can i add an ability to an item i have, or does the item need to be made that way from the start?

You can add it to an item you have or simply buy it as a new item, provided your DM agrees with the item's powers.

Chroma

Explorer
Aurio said:
Huh? you can make items with multiple abilities? :eek: Can i add an ability to an item i have, or does the item need to be made that way from the start?

You can add abilities... but only if your DM allows it.

Quinnman

First Post
Thanx a lot for the replies - very helpful :)

This DMG errata you speak of... where can I find that?

:)

Nevermind... just found it! wohoo!

Last edited:

ARandomGod

First Post
dcollins said:
Up to the DM. New Items count as House Rules.

Nope! New items prices according to the rules pricing in the DMG count as Rules As Written.

Of course, it's up to the DM whether to allow ANY item. From a +2 shortsword to an amulet of the heavens, +5 to all ability scores. But Allowing or disallowing items is the house rule.

dcollins

Explorer
ARandomGod said:
Nope! New items prices according to the rules pricing in the DMG count as Rules As Written.

The author of that part of the DMG disagrees with you.

Again, quoting the DMG: ""The formulas only provide a starting point… items require at least some DM judgement calls."

See link above.

Last edited:

ARandomGod

First Post
dcollins said:
The author of that part of the DMG disagrees with you.

Again, quoting the DMG: ""The formulas only provide a starting point… items require at least some DM judgement calls."

See link above.

The author of the system disagrees with YOU, stating that all the rules are here as guidelines, and the DM should adjust the game as he sees fit.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads