• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiple Favored Weapons and the War Domain

Bobbystopholes

First Post
An example:
Mayaheine
(f) Demigod of Protection, Justice, Valor
Good, Law, Protection, War
Community, Exorcism, Glory, Inquisition, Mysticism, Summoning
Bastard sword (m), mace, longbow (m)

Does a cleric of Mayaheine get to choose which favored weapon to be proficient and focused with? I would think yes. I would like real evidence if this is incorrect, not just opinion.

Thanks,

Bobby

CrimsonTemplar

First Post
Bobbystopholes said:
An example:
Mayaheine
(f) Demigod of Protection, Justice, Valor
Good, Law, Protection, War
Community, Exorcism, Glory, Inquisition, Mysticism, Summoning
Bastard sword (m), mace, longbow (m)

Does a cleric of Mayaheine get to choose which favored weapon to be proficient and focused with? I would think yes. I would like real evidence if this is incorrect, not just opinion.

Look at the Weapon of the Diety Spell list. The weapon that's listed there is that god's primary weapon & I would say that one is the one you get proficiency and focus with. I believe that's how it's handled in LG.

That being said, in a home campaign I'd let you go with whatever one you prefer. I should point out that you gain Martial Weapon Proficiency with the weapon, not Exotic, so you'll still have to spend a feat to wield a Bastard Sword with a Shield. That being the case, I think that taking the Longbow MWP & WF from the War Domain would be a good choice.

Remove ads