• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiple saving throws at start of turn -- how do they work?

DracoSuave

First Post
As far as I know there is no stacking of saves. Now the Knight would get ONE save each vs the stunned, dazed, and ongoing damage. But thats me and this seems like a case of RAW vs RAI as it could go either way really.

Saves aren't bonuses. You don't stack or not stack them.

They are events, and you have three seperate sources of events, and no intervening rule saying those events cannot occur as indicated.

For saves not to 'stack' you need a rule stating saves don't stack. It's not like there's a 'save at the beginning of your turn' phase or step, and these feats only allow access to it... that's not what's occuring.

Brys

First Post
Saves aren't bonuses. You don't stack or not stack them.

They are events, and you have three seperate sources of events, and no intervening rule saying those events cannot occur as indicated.

For saves not to 'stack' you need a rule stating saves don't stack. It's not like there's a 'save at the beginning of your turn' phase or step, and these feats only allow access to it... that's not what's occuring.

By that logic, Martial Resolve grants an extra savings throw at the end of your turn against its listed effects. It grants a save at both the beginning and the end of your turn. Since there is no anti-stacking in saves, that doesn't not stack with regular saves made at the end of your turn.

I disagree with that logic. I think if you are dazed at the start of your turn from a (save ends) effect and you have access to all three of these features, you get one saving throw against the dazed (you can pick which feature granted you access to that throw). I do not think you are granted three saving throws against the effect.

DracoSuave

First Post
By that logic, Martial Resolve grants an extra savings throw at the end of your turn against its listed effects. It grants a save at both the beginning and the end of your turn. Since there is no anti-stacking in saves, that doesn't not stack with regular saves made at the end of your turn.

That depends on how you read the feat. I read it as it meaning 'You get a save at the beginning of your turn in addition to your end'.

I disagree with that logic. I think if you are dazed at the start of your turn from a (save ends) effect and you have access to all three of these features, you get one saving throw against the dazed (you can pick which feature granted you access to that throw). I do not think you are granted three saving throws against the effect.

This is one of those things where you're inferring the existance of a rule based on how you feel the rule should be. Nothing wrong with that as a DM's perogative is to do that... but from the point of view of the rules there is no limit to the number of triggers that can occur from a single event.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads