• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mummy Rot Incubation Period?

Morrow

First Post
Is the incubation period for Mummy Rot 1 minute (as it says in the Monster Manual) or 1 day (as it says in the DMG)? I can't find anything in the Errata. Thanks.

Morrow

Infiniti2000

First Post
Morrow said:
Is the incubation period for Mummy Rot 1 minute (as it says in the Monster Manual) or 1 day (as it says in the DMG)? I can't find anything in the Errata. Thanks.

Morrow
It's 1 minute because the MM takes precedence over the DMG. Note also that the damage is 1d6 Con and 1d6 Cha. Not just 1d6 Con.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
The one in the DMG is what you get when someone a mummy infected infects you.
Yeah, but the one in the DMG stipulates that it is "Spread by mummies." So, someone infected with mummy rot doesn't spread it unless they're a mummy. :)

Infiniti2000 said:
Yeah, but the one in the DMG stipulates that it is "Spread by mummies."

It is spread by mummies. They are the primary (and, as indicated, more deadly) vector.

Continuing along, "filth fever" is noted as being spread by "dire rats and otyughs."

There are, however, more monsters that that who can spread filth fever - for instance, were rats.

The listing, then, cannot be taken as exhaustive.

Yes, mummy rot is spread by mummies. It is also spread by people who are infected by mummies (as a contact disease).

frankthedm

First Post
If mummies were the only ones to spread it, it would be an injury disease. All contact diseases can be spread by simply touching contaminated matter, which I interpret to mean creatures, possessions they were in contact with or their dusty remains.

Mummy rot is everything Leprosy was feared to be. I personally think the differences between the MM & DMG make a wonderful situation, where those who incur the true mummy rot also have their souls rotted away and are rejected by those who might otherwise help them[Cha] while those who are contaminated afterwards only suffer in body.

Yes, to me Slimy Doom = Ebola

Remove ads