Level Up (A5E) Necromancer archetype question

anime300

Explorer
In the write-up, it says the following for Create Minion:
"
Your minion may be any non-elite undead creature with a Challenge Rating lower than half your wizard level (round down)."

Reading it as raw, it seems to indicate that the undead must be a lower level than yours. It gives examples for 3rd and 7th level:

"
For example, at 3rd level, you can create a CR 1 minion such as a ghoul, and at 7th level you may create a CR 3 minion, such as a mummy."

But it doesn't give an example for an even-numbered level. For clarification, does this mean if I was a level 2 character, the undead would have to be lower than a CR1 undead (e.g. ½ or lower)? Not a CR 1 undead. Thanks!

xiphumor

Legend
In the write-up, it says the following for Create Minion:
"
Your minion may be any non-elite undead creature with a Challenge Rating lower than half your wizard level (round down)."

Reading it as raw, it seems to indicate that the undead must be a lower level than yours. It gives examples for 3rd and 7th level:

"
For example, at 3rd level, you can create a CR 1 minion such as a ghoul, and at 7th level you may create a CR 3 minion, such as a mummy."

But it doesn't give an example for an even-numbered level. For clarification, does this mean if I was a level 2 character, the undead would have to be lower than a CR1 undead (e.g. ½ or lower)? Not a CR 1 undead. Thanks!
Yeah, that is is weird wording, but I think it is intended to be equal or lower

Remove ads