D&D General Music tracks for a desert campaign, reminiscent of Dune, Lawrence of Arabia

I am starting a game soon that will be at a desert mega dungeon. I want some music that I can play for ambient background and in combat that will feel thematically appropriate.

I'm considering using the Lawrence of Arabia overture as my intro music of each session. But as wonderful as that score is, none of the tracks are good for looping or for playing if you just want to have a scene go on for 10 minutes to half an hour.

Any suggestions?Any suggestions?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I use these for my Al-Qadim games...

All soundtracks, OSTs, scores, etc. Arabian Nights TV Series. Assassin's Creed Origins. Assassin's Creed Score. Children of Dune. Dune 1984. Dune 2021. Frank Herbert's Dune. Lawrence of Arabia. The Mummy movies. Silk Road Ensemble's Off the Map & Beyond the Horizons & Traditions and Transformations. Prince of Egypt (skip the singing / musical numbers). Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. There are also various "Rough Guide to" various types of music. North Africa and Morocco are great for this. I'm sure there are more. There's also a lot of belly dance music, but you have to be more careful with that as a lot of the recent stuff has a more distinctly hip hop feel that just doesn't quite work.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I haven't looked at Tabletopaudio.com in a while, but for sound effect/tracks as an alternative to actual music, I use that sometimes in my games. I'm sure they have something that fits an Arabian motif.

Remove ads