Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Victim

First Post
You didn't pay attention to the substance of my argument. Oh well, we both have other matters to attend.

"I'm willing to help protect other students," she says. I'm still hungry. I guess I had better had back to the cafeteria before checking out the grounds. I really need to learn the chemistry for dealing with metabolic issues... But maybe I've been attacking this problem the wrong way. It might be my power acting internally at a low level. I can test that fairly easily with some string, dental floss, etc. And a control group. Since people who didn't spend most of the day passed out are probably planning on sleeping soon, that should probably wait until later.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Sure, I wouldn't mind getting some fresh air." Spike follows along with Wolverine, also making sure that there are no other nasty surprises waiting for him tonight. Once done, Spike thinks on asking Logan something but is hesitant. After all, he's Wolverine, the best at what he does...

"Wolverine? So what's going to happen tomorrow? Is there going to be a retaliation by you guys? I know I would, but this is kinda crazy, you know? That damned thing came in, did what it wanted, and left. How the hell are we supposed to deal with that? Then there's Quicksilver and Nightcrawler working with him as well. There's no telling how much help they have, and who's masterminding the whole thing."

"What do you know about Nightcrawler and Quicksilver?"

Shayuri

First Post
Under the healing hands, Calypso stirs, and the bruises that are flowering all over her turn from angry purple to yellow...then vanish entirely. She opens her eyes drowsily and gazes at Xi'an uncomprehendingly for a moment. Then she looks around and realizes where she is.

"Oh my god..." she moans. "Tell me I didn't pass out in front of Wolverine."

Jemal

Adventurer
-Lawn-

Logan shrugs at Spike's questions "Don't know much bout them two, you'd have t'ask someone who pays attention to that sorta thing. As far as whats gonna happen, I'm sure Cyc has a plan, but I don't have time to wait around for it." You notice he's stopped, kneeling down and sniffing. "I got their scent and I'm going for it. No offense but I'm gonna have to leave you here, I don't want you getting hurt. Best thing you can do is to not tell anybody I left, and keep an eye on the others." with that, he leaps up onto the wall surrounding the school, salutes you, and jumps off into the twilight.

[sblock=ooc]
Also everybody check OOC.
Fangor, I need to know what you do in your next post: chase him, keep quiet, go to bed, tell somebody? In the end it doesn't change the assembly but it changes where you are and what's happening.
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Spike eye's Wolverine, knowing that this was Logan's obvious nature. He never wanted help, and he always decided what others could and could not handle.

Thinking to himself, Spike simply says, "Well, good thing is, I was never one for authority either. Don't take this personal, Wolverine.."

With that, Spike does his best to keep up with Wolverine, without being too close.

[sblock=Keeping up with Wolverine]
Super Speed 1, Super Senses 9 (Hearing [Extended 1, Acute 1, Accurate 2], Tremor Sense 3, Danger Sense 1, Ultra-Hearing 1)[/sblock]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"I wasn't around long enough to know one way or the other. I got punched out pretty quickly. I saw Alchemist all beat up, put him back together, and next thing I knew, I was waking up on the bed over there."

Xi'an sits back down on his bed.

"They got away...but they didn't hurt anyone too badly."

Jemal

Adventurer
*Assembly*

The next day comes both too soon for some and not soon enough for others. By 10 AM everybody is gathered in the large auditorium as Professor Summers and the other teachers converse on stage for a few moments. You look around and are struck by the sheer number of students in the school.

As Summers approaches the podium, the crowd slowly and eventually quiets down, and he begins speaking.
"I'm sure you all know what happened yesterday, or at least you've heard rumours. Well right now, I'm going to set the record straight with the facts. From what we've managed to uncover, yesterday afternoon a child cyborg, probably part mutant, attacked the front doors of the school, attempting to gain access to and make off with Professor Xavier. We have come to suspect that this was a ruse to keep everyone busy while the real plan went off. Professors Xavier and Grey, along with most of our Psychicly empowered students, were incapacitated by a second mutant, and files were stolen from our main computer - Whether by this second mutant or someone else is currently Unknown."

He pauses and looks back at Storm for a moment, then returns to speaking. "Later in the evening a second attack was launched, by two known Mutants - Quicksilver and Nightcrawler. Their stated goal was to kidnap one of our students for unknown reasons. Thanks to quick thinking, quicker reactions, and a bit of skill, they were driven off. Since, we've discovered a few bits of information here and there. I've called in some old friends who will be helping us track down those responsible and stop them. In the meantime, we'll have only a few teachers, so classes will be merged, and I want you all to stay on the grounds, and don't go anywhere alone. We don't know when or if these guys will return, but we're taking every precaution we can to keep you safe." Once he's finished, he steps aside for Ororo Munroe (Storm).

"With most of the psychic's and the backup team out, I've taken the liberty of reopening recruitment for the 'young x-men' initiative. If you'd like to sign up, please stay around after the assembly. Otherwise, you're free to do as you wish, Classes will resume tommorow at the usual time. If your class has been merged with another, there will be a notice on the classroom door telling you where to go."

Professor Summers then returns to the podium one last time "Finally, I'd like to thank those of you who helped yesterday, both on the lawn and in the danger room. WHEN Professor Xavier wakes up, I've no doubt he'll be proud of how corageous and resourceful his students have been."

With that, the assembly ends and students start trickling out, until there are a couple dozen of you left. Of those some of you know personally - Phase, Pyro, Jubilee, and Shadowcat are present.

[sblock=ooc]
Fangor, I need a Stealth check for Spike

Everyone else, Here's your chance to decide whether you want to be in on the offense, or stay at home and get sucked into whatever happens to go down at the school. :D.
Keep in mind that you ALL have a lot of potential (The avg student here is around PL5 max), but the lifestyle of an x-man may not suit you.
Also don't be worried, there WILL be storylines for all, regardless of whether you join the X-men or decide to continue with the school.

I'm assuming that Temper and Eric, who are allready members of the Young X-men team, will be sticking around. It'd probably be advisable to keep Alchemist around too, if you can, as it'd be easier to 'guard' him while he's with you. ;)
[/sblock]

**OOC NOTICE : I posted this so that you'd all notice, but I'll also be posting a NEW IC thread for Mutant High Issue 2: A Hard Lesson

Remove ads