Mutant High Issue 3: Revelations

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The moment Miranda saw the black tarps any and all facades of bravery she built up during the hours stay at Magneto's base instantly crumbled as a result of heart shattering guilt. With tears starting to roll down her face, Miranda drifted towards the closest of the black tarps while ignoring the police officers. She glanced down at the tarp for a moment before collapsing to her knees. "I'm sorry... I'm so f'ing sorry. If it wasn't for Alchy and my both deciding to running off... Please forgive me"

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[X-Mansion]

"Scott? Is he allright, where is he?" Storm starts to usher the children away from the feds, back to the building. "Do you know something?" She asks them once they're alone.

Meanwhile John follows Miranda over to the tarps while the others are occupied. "Miranda... you couldn't have stopped this."

He's right, you know. The entire X-men, minus Scott and Wolverine, were here, and a bunch of students... They stormed right in, we never really had a chance." They turn to see the little Fury girl, clothes ripped and dirty. She looks past Miranda at the bodies, her hard face softening a bit. "You miss your friend, even though you only knew her for a few days. You feel guilty - survivors guilt, I've heard my dad talk about it. Look, I may not be the first person anybody would turn to, but I'm probly one of the few kids here who's actually had to deal with death before. If you need to talk.."

[sblock=ooc] Eric = magnetos base. Check.
Will add more for other portion next update, wanna get some of this dealt with right now.
[/sblock]

Victim

First Post
"Can you elaborate on Stryker's military connections?" Temper asks. "And what sort of equipment do you have?"

"We don't have to play to the strengths of their defenses though," she adds, looking at the maps. "Doors, walls, and even tens of feet of solid stone aren't necessarily obstacles that will restrict our movements."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda took in a deep breath. "I am aware that I could not have stopped them." She flouted to her feet then turned to face both Alisha and John. "It's not survivors guilt that is tearing at my soul, it's the fact that I'm partially responsible for this mess.."

"If I was that girl that everyone expected me to be things would have been different. Astrid and I would have told Cyclops about Nicholas's stupid scheme before he could have time to escape the school. Cyclops then would have then gone and dragged Nicholas back to the school kicking and screaming long before the school was ever attacked. I'm pretty sure that with the Young X-men here there would a lot fewer casualties since Xi'an could have healed and Kitty and I could have helped evacuate the injured."

"Instead of doing what most sensible people would have done, I decided to take most the attention and glory for myself, and as a result Astrid and everyone else ended up suffering because of my selfish actions." Miranda glanced away, and sighed. "I won't blame you guys if you now think I'm a horrible person... I just want to make this right..."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Xi'an looks alarmed as Storm ushers them away, whithout Miranda.

Crap...now Miranda can't tell us if this really IS Storm or not.

"Um...We were sent to check in at the school, see how much damage was done to the school, and then report back...to go back to Professor Summers. We aren't allowed to say much. We are needed back as soon as we check in here and let you know that we are safe, and with Professor Summers."

Shayuri

First Post
"Frankly, ma'am," Tess augments, looking around with dawning unease at the obvious carnage, "I don't know much of what's going on. There was a bus on its way to drop me off here, and they must have figured out where it was going and that there was trouble, so they stopped me. When they found out my power, they had me bring everyone over to see what the situation here was."

She takes a deep unhappy breath. "Little too late, I guess."

(OOC - Someone remind me our objective here? Are we looking for allies or just info?)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
(OoC: I think mostly to snag equiptment and get info: See if any of those in the infirmary were killed/replaced. See if the teachers were replaced (recently). )

kirinke

First Post
Serena studies the map. "Frontal assault looks out on this," she half-way jokes. "Maybe a distraction? Something to take the focus off of us while we sneak in and get the information we need and rescue the others." she taps the table with her finger thoughtfully.

"I know you and the brotherhood are good at creating lots of confusion when the situation calls for it, I think this is a prime time for it." she grins. "We need one, preferably loud and obnoxious,"

Remove ads