• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds essentials?

Jim Hague

First Post
Welcome to Mutants and Masterminds!

For those looking for a Device book, I humbly offer PZP's own The Vault of Dr. Mechaniaikal, linked down in my .sig. The semi-sequel book The Catacombs of Mistress Hecate is in final edits, and we're releasing the demo/adventure Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed... in the next couple of weeks. There's a free demo of the Doc's work, naturally; get theee to the .sig! :)

As for books - I can't recommend Ultimate Power and Instant Superheroes enough...except to recommend that you look into all of the amazingly good Superlink products out there! Ben's stuff is awesome, there's a new and nifty adventure from Adamant out, Blackwyrm Games has the critically-acclaimed Algernon files books...it goes on and on.

So welcome - you've snagged a game that's much beloved and damned well supported. :D

Krolik

First Post
Thanee said:
Mastermind's Manual for M&M is kinda like Unearthed Arcana for D&D.

Bye
Thanee
While most people do tend to focus on the optional rules in Mastermind's Manual there is a lot of nice info in the Gamermastering chapter. Things like expansion information for Environment and Environmental Hazards not covered in M&M, a nice table for handling Trials, and some useful information on adventures and society.

Ben Robbins

First Post
Harmon said:
Hint- Vespa & no drinking while reading Play Testers summaries. :D
Got it -- Best. Feedback. Ever. Coyote6's dry delivery was killing me:

"Generally, this scene was rather funny. The players had fun smashing [killer robot] vending machines - Asphalt employed his kung fu to punch through one's "chest" and rip out its "heart" (a Diet Pepsi)."

Last edited:

Remove ads