• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds?

Shalimar

First Post
With X-men 3 coming out, and Superman not too far into the future, I'm wondering why there was no upsurge of Mutants and Masterminds games. When previous marvel and DC movies came out we saw a general increase in new games. Just wondering whats up.

Shalimar

First Post
Someone said:
There´s an entire sub-forum for M&M 2nd edition games here

I realize that there is a Living Super World going on in that sub-forum, but that wasn't really what I meant. I thought it would stir up people's creative juices and get things flowing like it has in the past. LSW is good but it doesn't have the flexibility of a single GM running a game. There are benifits to both styles.

Someone

Adventurer
I just thought you didn´t know the forum. I meant that there´s indeed interest in superhero games: after all there´s not a sub forum for Spycraft or Call of Cthulhu. Of course it may not be your place to play if you don´t agree with the inherent limitations of the setting, like if you have an adventure with a villain ready to activate a satellite ready to melt the antartic´s ice, or want more powerful characters, etc.

Shalimar

First Post
Someone said:
I just thought you didn´t know the forum. I meant that there´s indeed interest in superhero games: after all there´s not a sub forum for Spycraft or Call of Cthulhu. Of course it may not be your place to play if you don´t agree with the inherent limitations of the setting, like if you have an adventure with a villain ready to activate a satellite ready to melt the antartic´s ice, or want more powerful characters, etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to jump on you. I'm already playing in a game there. It was more of a general comment I guess.

Bront

The man with the probe
The problem is that the market prenetration of the 2nd eddition isn't there yet. There are still people trying to get copies of the book who wanted to get in on it when we started LS.

Mista Collins

First Post
I've always wanted to play a M&M game. I did a short demo about 2 years ago, but I couldn't find people for a regular game. I don't own the books or remember the rules, but I do remember that I had fun and really enjoyed it.

The Lost Muse

First Post
I've played in one M&M 1e campaign, and it was fricken awesome... don't have 2e yet, but when I do get it I will probably try to run a game. I'm still trying to get a new f2f group for D&D going too...

Shayuri

First Post
I love M&M...especially 2nd Ed!

Sadly, the only game I was in seems to have died in The Crash. I still scan this page for new ones, or signs of the one I was in before coming back.

Thanee

First Post
M&M is cool. :D

I'm working on a campaign for my regular gaming group (Click), since being not much of a comic geek myself, it's not so easy to come up with cool adventure ideas on the fly (if you got some nifty ideas, just post them there :)).

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads