Mutants & Mastermind Presents – “Astonishing Tales of Centropolis”

Zerith

First Post
Felix, once Shadow mentioned Caffine, started chirping something off, while leaning down and looking at the can that Shadow had nabbed from the large cat, then Felix made a sickly face... a upset grumble emanate from the cheetaur's face but nothing else came up.

The elevator dinged and Felix froze: His eyes were large as saucers as he stood in silence: given his perception of time one could only wonder how long he thought he must have been still before he started trotting excitedly all over the room and investigating everything, without actually touching anything amasingly enough.
He seemed content to simply make low chirps, or perhaps squeals? to himself as he went from thing to thing: if given enough time he would take out a note pad and start sketching them, seemingly at random while humming something to himself in his own quickened manner.

GreenKarl

First Post
Each of the display cases and photos have small bronze metal plaque with a brief description underneath or besides them. These displays and photos continue on down the hallway.

Mr. Shawe leads the way mentioning some of the more memorable pieces, such as an Iron Mask worn by Doctor Destroyer 30 odd years before he found the Helm of Scorpius, which he was wearing when he destroyed himself and most of Chicago last year during the so-called Day of Destruction. A spear head used by the Dawn Hunter when he had kidnapped the city's mayor and city council. A decommissioned, first generation X-O Man of War power armored suit that Human, Inc. has been developing for the last 20 years. Rare photos of heroes and villains who have made appearances over the years.

Mr. Shawe also points out a high security vault. It has nothing in it right now but the heroes could use to for storage of sensitive and dangerous matters until the authorities could come secure them. A large conference room with flat-screen video conference screen with satellite up-link. There were also empty offices that Mr. Shawe explained could house local, state and federal liaison officers, if they team decided to allow them. These liaisons where not be able to access the upper floors but could serve as readily available assets.

Mr. Shawe returned to the elevator and says "So what floor? Once you hit floors 31 through 34 there is also an interior staircase so you do not need to use the elevators."

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
27yvqxy.jpg

The Shadow
Human, Inc.
Tuesday, April 12, 2016/10 AM
Round 0

“Next one up is logical,” Caleb told Shawe. He studied the schematics again. He couldn’t deny everything was impressive, but then Shawe was a multi-billionaire, at the least. It made his efforts at keeping order in Red Haven pale by comparison. This definitely wasn’t working from his basement.

[sblock=Actions]
Movement:
Effect:
Action:
Effect:
Conditions:.
-0 Toughness
Regenerating 0/5 rounds
Hero Points: 2
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune lingered outside the glass case with the flying sled on it. She flicked it lightly with a fingertip, wondering if it had an alarm on it.

Then again, if this place was theirs, couldn't she just have this? But it would be fun to try to steal it! And it wasn't wrong to steal something that belonged to you already! Was it?

Quickly she joined the conversation, whirling around and adding, "Thirty one sounds good to me too!"

GreenKarl

First Post
On the 31st floor the doors open into a lobby with a huge (at least fifteen feet high and wide) round metal vault like door and a T-junction hallway that leads to various smaller normal looking interior doors. There was also a curving open glass staircase that lead to the upper floors.

Mr. Shawe mentioned that the blast-door lead into what the old team called their Danger Room. There was a monitoring office on the 32nd floor where you could program the room to simulate almost any environment or situation for the team to practice their skills and learn how to work together. The walls were reinforced more then normal and would stop even high level armor piecing explosive rounds.

The other rooms on the floor lead into various exercise rooms, ranging from those with all the normal high-end equipment one might find in executive health clubs, to treadmills that could handling super-speed running and weight lifting equipment that could increase to fifty tons of mass for the super-strong.

The last room, housed on the opposite side of the tower, was the main storage lab where the building computer, a limited AI by the handle of SID (Special Interface Directive), was located. It welcomed each team member by their super handle when they arrived.

Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune peers through the windows with interest at the training room and the various pieces of equipment. She was already chewing on ideas for how she might be able to square something like this with the need for continuing her deception at home.

Well. Need was a strong word. Technically nothing stopped her from just coming clean and walking out. Nothing except that she wasn't sure how her parents would take it...but was reasonably sure their reaction would fit squarely somewhere in the 'not well' continuum.

But maybe she could be one of those team members that was almost never around, except when the call went out? There was always a sort of brooding loner on the... Keiko noticed Shadow again, and scowled. Position taken. Right. Damnit.

"So...Shawe," Kitsune said after giving the computer a nod. "I think we're going to need some time to discuss this. It's a big jump, and one none of us were reeeeeeally thinking about before you popped it onto us."

GreenKarl

First Post
Mr. Shawe nodded with a smile. "How about I leave you all alone to explore as you wish and to talk among yourself about what you want to do. I will wait for you down in the main conference room on the floor below. If you need to sleep on it for a day or two that is fine also. But I do want to ask what your next step might be? With the attempted thief, a number of villains still at large and a the weird info coming towards us I have a feeling something big is coming and want to know what I can do to help"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
27yvqxy.jpg

The Shadow
Human, Inc.
Tuesday, April 12, 2016/10 AM
Round 0

The Shadow nodded to Shawe as they were left alone. He followed Kitsune up the control room, looking down into the training room.

“It is very impressive,” he admitted quietly. “But it is a big change. And we often have others to think about.” He hadn’t worked with a team since he left his Delta Force squad, after recovering from the accident that left him with his powers.

Was it what he wanted, though? His focus had always been on the Haven, on the gangs that had killed his wife. On the Russians. Would this just be a...distraction?

But did he have a choice?

“Shawe is right about one thing,” Shadow said quietly. “Something is coming…”

[sblock=Actions]
Movement:
Effect:
Action:
Effect:
Conditions:.
-0 Toughness
Regenerating 0/5 rounds
Hero Points: 2
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"It's easy to be right when you're vague," Kitsune pointed out with a grin that was very weird on her mask's canine face. "Seems to me that these robots, these nano-things are the way to go forward. That said, we can follow up on this thing that Shawe almost had stolen from him too. We gotta figure that if those thieves want something so...specific...they won't just give up on it."

She paused then, giving Shadow a closer look.

A little white fox appeared on the control panel near Kitsune and wagged its fluffy tails, both of them. "Hey, slow down champ!" it said in a squeaky voice. "He hasn't decided if he wants to do this yet! This is scary!"

Kitsune looked over at it, then back at Shadow. "You don't have to join," she points out. "You could head back home, and just stick to your own spot over there. I mean, I haven't really heard of you, so I figure that's what you must've been doing up until now, right?"

The tiny fox leapt up onto her shoulder, and she paced away from the control panels to the opposite wall.

"But you gotta figure...those guys were pretty bad news. If we'd had even one less person on our side, they probably woulda gotten away with the stuff at least. Maybe beat us up. Maybe worse." Kitsune shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe whatever they're doing won't really hurt anyone where you live. Maybe knocking out a few more muggers and breaking up some more back alley drug deals will help your folks more."

The tiny fox huffed and whispered in a perfectly audible register, "Laying it on kinda thick aren't you?"

"Quiet. I haven't even gotten to great power and great responsibility yet."

"Do you have to?"

Kitsune sighed. "Well you've wrecked it now. Happy?"

Now the fox puppy looked at Shadow with the biggest, puppiest eyes imaginable. "What she's trying to say is, we could reeeeeeeeeally use your help, mister."

Remove ads