[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

hero4hire

Explorer
Prometheus, although he is strong enough to lift the whole dogpile with ease and fly away with them, is unable to free himself or move.
[roll0]

The Nazis continued to dogpile on...The frustrated Prometheus seemed overwhelmed but he gave one last flex of his titanic muscles and flung the Nazis off of him.
OOC: As per my house rules The Grapple checks are opposed not a Static DC
team grapple: 1D20+11 = [3]+11 = 14
So Prometheus is free. As Escape action is a Move action I believe he still has a Standard to attack with?

hero4hire

Explorer
The felled Nazi Gunmen one-by-one begin to convulse and spasm. Flopping about the marble like dead fish. The remaining armored racists attack the heroes but their numbers are not enough to breech the defenses of the Leaguers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
29lfrrr.jpg

Astral
Freedom City/Hunter Museum of Natural History
Afternoon
Round 5

“Surrender!” Astral called out from above the remaining fighters. “It’s over!”

Ignoring the minions now, she turned her attention to Johnny Reb. She focused her mind and hit him with a psychic blast.

[sblock=Actions and Saves]
Move:
Action: Mental Blast, DC 18 Will, Damage 8
Reaction:
Conditions: Force Field, Mental Communications
Hero Points: 1
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Simultaneously, Hex opened her Grimoire and began another spell. Ethereal fingers of energy reached out to Reb's sword...clutching at the magic within it!

[roll0] Nullify all magic simultaneously

hero4hire

Explorer
Astral finds her attack met with an almost impenetrable wall of Evil...her psychic barrage was deflected effortlessly by the Demonic Mind.

Likewise, Hex finds little luck as Johnny cleaves through the nullifying ward as it began to form.

OOC: Johnny has Impervious Will of greater than 8.

Johnny easily beat the opposed roll of 11.

hero4hire

Explorer
Hawk glides over to some of the convulsing goons to see if he can help.

OOC: Hawk auto-piloted due to no post.

You can almost feel the derisive sneer of Johnny Reb as he shakes off the efforts of the two female Leaguers.

"Woman should know their place! I shall take it upon myself to teach yew some PROPER manners! But only AFTER I deal with your men-folk!"

Another gout of hellfire spews forth, this time at Prometheus! Johnny then twists his saber and the blast ricochets from Prometheus to Hawk, who nimbly ducks to the side.

OOC: Since Prometheus is "Defenseless" against Magic attacks, Johnny will "Take Ten" against him for DC 29 vs Toughness. After the roll, Prometheus gets an HP.
Johnny then uses Action Surge for another Attack vs Hawk but misses

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hex scowled and turned the pages of the Grimoire to a different spell. The book then whipped itself back to the previous page.

"Stop it!" she snapped.

The Grimoire snapped right back though, "Destroying him again won't make any difference so long as that sword can return him to life."

"Last time he needed someone to pick it up to do that."

"That's how it happened last time. It doesn't mean that's how it HAS to happen. Trust me. Try the negation again. Pay attention to the syllables and make sure you keep your focus."

Hex sighed. "It's strong. The demon in the sword."

The eye in the cover of the book swiveled to peer at Johnny Reb. "You are strong too. Try again."

She began to read the spell... [roll0]

(lol...goddamnit...anyone got a hero point to spare? :))

Remove ads