[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

Shayuri

First Post
Hex, buried under hot, heavy, stinky people, could feel the Grimoire still clutched in her hand, but it was held out away from her face and she couldn't SEE it! The Thunder Road could get her out of this, but it was a thousand miles away if she couldn't find the spell; it was WAY too complicated for her to just remember! She felt her breath coming in shorter gasps, felt her mind dissolving into panic. What would they DO to her?! To everyone?!

I can fix this. The magic is in his sword! I just need a second in the clear to read the spell!

Fear, anger, desperation. A potent, if dangerous, mix for a worker of wills.

"GET! OFF! OF! MEE!!"

From outside the dogpile, there was just a dull flash of magenta light that leaked out from between the legs and arms and bodies. Then nothing.

Then all Hell broke loose.

Bodies flew! The world was consumed by red-violet light; an expanding sphere of it roaring out from the center of the explosion of henchmen that roared like an angry tiger! For a moment it crackled there like an enormous plasma-sphere from the old Sharper Image stores...then faded away to show Hex in the center, coughing and picking herself up.

"Hedge magic," the spellbook grumped.

Hex shook her head and tried to brush hair out of her face with a shaking hand.

(Power stunting from Soul Magic array: Move Object 9 (Burst Area 1, Selective, Limited Direction: Away from Me). Each of the gentlefolk dogpiling on Hex...and all enemies within 30' of her...get to make a DC 19 Dodge resistance check. Success means they are subject to a Rank 4 Move Object thrusting them away. Fail means it's a Rank 9 Move Object. No direct damage, but I figure there may be objects around they'll hit, or some will be thrown into the air and take fall damage. I leave it to the GM. :) I think I still have a hero point, since I didn't spend one to mitigate the fatigue from the teleport in; I will spend it to mitigate the fatigue from this.)

tglassy

Adventurer
Hawk manages to survive the onslaught, looks to the source of the barrage, and lifts his hands towards a spot near the gun toting nazis, increasing the weight around them.

OOC: Crushing gravity field around them. DC 23. Restrained otherwise. Also causes damage, DC 18.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

hero4hire

Explorer
Several gunmen fall to their knees as they suddenly have gravity multiplied 100s of times around them. The marble crumbles a bit beneath their weight. Though they struggle, their augmented strength insufficient to combat the increased gravity and they begin to eventually succumb.

OOC: Astral is up.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
29lfrrr.jpg

Astral
Freedom City/Hunter Museum of Natural History
Afternoon
Round 4

Astral spun around toward the remaining Nazis on the balconies, lashing out with her telekinetic powers once more. She had been worried about Hex, but Hex seemed to have taken care of her dogpile -- at least for now.

[sblock=Actions and Saves]
Move:
Action: TK Wave against Nazis remaining Nazis on the balcony; Damage DC 25
Reaction:
Conditions: Force Field, Mental Communications
Hero Points: 1
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
The Psychokinetic wave washes over the walkway, destroying the banister and bowling over the gunmen. They groan as they lay there unable to get up.

OOC: Just the floor goons left.

Johhny Reb walked over and kicked the dead body that formerly housed him. "Yew might as well give up...Yew cannot defeat me." he points his saber at the group, going from target to target until finally resting on Tarantula. 'Yew there...BUG-MAN...Yew have been vying for my attention. Well, yew have it suh!"
A gout of hellfire erupts and engulfs Tarantula, where only the silhouette of the hero can be seen within the conflagration.

OOC: Yikes! Johnny hits with a 22 vs Dodge. Tarantula must make a DC 29 vs toughness

GreenKarl

First Post
The blast caught Tarantula by surprise and threw him back against a far wall where he fell to the ground unmoving!!!

OOC: Injury -3
Hero Points 0

Updated Unconscious

Toughness save: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8, well I'm out of HP so failed by 5 degrees I am unconscious. Typical how well I have been rolling with the character, this WHOLE battle.

Remove ads