• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants & Masterminds Jedi Game

Dan Stack

First Post
Out of curiosity, for those of you who have done a Mutants and Masterminds Star Wars game, what Power Level did you use? My gaming group is going to be switching gears to a post-Episode III Star Wars later in the summer and I'm debating whether to use Mutants and Masterminds or Blue Rose.

If I use Mutants and Masterminds I'm leaning towards starting them out around Power Level 5-7 and using the 1 pp = 2 skill points variation.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Since you are talking about mixing game systems, there was an interesting discussion at rpg.net about using the Pendragon passions system for Star Wars. For those unfamiliar with the concept, each character has a rating in several matched pairs of passions, like chaste/lustful or brave/cowardly. When they act, they can affect these passions if their actions are too extreme either way. Scores too far out of balance in turn have in-game effects.

This would allow for some more interesting roleplaying beyond the simple Light/Dark duality, which is useful since it can be hard to pinpoint whether some things are clearly dark or light (like deception - is there a speaking Jedi character in the movies who has not lied to or tried mind tricks on someone?).

Karl Green

First Post
I think the M&M is prefect for Star Wars BTW ;) and I do have a Word doc version of Star Wars for the 'Tales of the Jedi' game I ran last year. If you want a copy, send me an email at

greenkarl @ hotmail DOT com (you know the drill with spaces and all ;))

It was a lot of fun AND I did 'break' a few M&M rules to get the feel that I wanted BUT it would be very easy to just ignore my stuff and use the base rules.

The thing that has always sort of stumped me was calling on the Dark Side. My ideas worked out BUT they need some tweaking...

Karl (sort of back from computer -death)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads