• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My 13 year old Daughter and her friends are playing D&D in the Kitchen...

zenld

First Post
are you taking the group to gencon with you? show them what gaming is all about. ;)

its good to see the next generation of gamers is coming along nicely. but then, they have good teachers.

zen

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Teflon Billy said:
The Players, as they are leaving a town where they just traded a Merchant's Daughter they rescued for a reward of a "Basket of Apples that change the color of your hair when you eat them" ( :\ ), are suddnly ambushed by a Giant, hopping Brain which appears to be spitting arrows at them.

They are understandably freaked out and spurr their horses to get away from the brain. On of the girls throws a spear at the brain, and it screams, and from inside it run two goblins--one of whom was Carrying the "Brain Costume" and looking out a hole, while the other fired a crossbow out the hole he was looking out of. The one who could see was basically "directing the fire" of the crossbowman.

They turn around and massacre the goblins, and find a Talking, flying Cat as treaure.

:confused:

That blurb is more inspiring than any campaign setting released in the last quarter century. Hands down.

SWBaxter

First Post
Inconsequenti-AL said:
That's really cool. What's a developement day, btw?

It's a day when teachers (are supposed to) go on courses and seminars, so the kids get the day off school. Might just be a Canadian thing, I dunno.

Kathaer said:
CANADA IS GREAT.

When i used to play at school, teacher always treated me and my friends as nerds and rejects... ...

Canada is great. When I and some friends first started playing D&D around grade 7 (25 years ago, geez I feel old), one of our teachers set aside an afternoon for us to teach the whole class. We had about five games running, as I recall - I remember being really nervous because the teacher herself was in the group I was DMing. A few years later in high school (grade 11), one of my English teachers asked to join our D&D group; he'd read about the game but never found anybody who played until he heard us talking about it. Played a psychopathic Dwarf fighter, IIRC. I might just be lucky, but I was never treated badly by teachers and such for D&D.

glass

(he, him)
SWBaxter said:
It's a day when teachers (are supposed to) go on courses and seminars, so the kids get the day off school. Might just be a Canadian thing, I dunno.

I think we have those in Britain too, only they are called INSET (IN SErvice Training) days.

glass.

Krieg

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
What've you got against that dude that hangs out with them?

Pfft...and you call yourself a father?!

You should have a grudge against any dude your daughter EVER meets, under any circumstances! Sheesh!

;)

Krieg said:
Pfft...and you call yourself a father?!

You should have a grudge against any dude your daughter EVER meets, under any circumstances! Sheesh!
Well, he did say the guy was "one of the girls." Of course, he could go the total paranoid route and think that's all a very clever disguise to "get at the goods" but, eh, it's a bit much... :p

Remove ads