• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My first vehicle ...

zagorm

First Post
Kport05.jpg

This is a first vehicle I ever made…
Feedback appreciated

Regards
M

ergeheilalt

First Post
I like it lots. It's a awesome. There is one tinsy, tiny problem I see. The wing on the right does not appear to have any of the cool details as on the left wing. Was that intensional?

Hussar

Legend
Whoa! That's excellent. Funny coincidence. I happened to check out the Forge site last night for the first time in ages and I saw this pic there. And now it's here too. It's chasing me!!! Someone make the big kickass robot stop chasing me! Heh. ;)

Truly excellent though. The Forge is one of the absolute best sites out there.

pogre

Legend
WOW! Great pic - it looks like a really legitimate instrument of war as opposed to some of the silly bots out there.

Chain Lightning

First Post
Excellent work. Good detailing, good design silhouette, and nice color choices. Has the feel of the Russian Hind helicopter with the two canopy bubbles next to each other, but with a WWII canopy frame styling.

If I had to really try hard to find anything wrong with it, I can only find very small nit picks. The front ball turret is a little off. It doesn't sit exactly on the center line of the square panel it is mounted on. So yeah, the perspective is off a little on that. The perspective of the small bottom fin between the legs (and on the bottom cylinder intake looking thing) is also off. If I line up perspective lines that match the perspective of the foot pads to the horizon, then re-check the perspective of the seams on the bottom fin, they are a bit off.

But really, that's nit picking. But, when you're showing your portfolio around to art directors, they tend to nit pick a lot. So, just thinking of that situation is all.

Great work though, love to see more!

zagorm

First Post
Guys, thanks for the feedback.
ergeheilalt said:
The wing on the right does not appear to have any of the cool details as on the left wing. Was that intensional?

Yes, I decided they could distract a viewer. That’s why the left wing is more detailed then the right.

ml3 said:
What program(s) do you use?

Handmade line art ( that’s why there are some minor perspective errors) and Photoshop coloring with some custom brushes.

Chain Lightning said:
The front ball turret is a little off.

There is a funny thing with the front ball-cannon. I tried to make it look dynamic, so decided to turn it slightly right. However it ended looking off.

First rule when drawing vehicles – don’t twist theirs weapons. Draw them straight.

Chain Lightning said:
The perspective of the small bottom fin between the legs (and on the bottom cylinder intake looking thing) is also off.

Unfortunately, I discovered that after I’d finished coloring

I try to post illos form the production process (If You are interested)

Regards
Z

Remove ads