• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My "House Rules"

bret

First Post
Re: Re: Re: My "House Rules"

JoeGKushner said:

That's why I posted her. Some ideas are needed. It's important to note that for some of the spellcasters, I'm probably going to add some time necessary to learn things. In addition, the training times only apply to those things that the character needs training in, not skills that they already have. Does that make sense the way I said it? For example, if a Mage has Spellcraft, he doesn't need training, but if he wants to pick up some ranks in Craft: Blacksmithing or something, he's got to do some training.

I would then suggest you reword it to say "To pick up a new skill (one in which you did not previously have any ranks), it takes X weeks to learn it."

I think it would be fairer if you just said training took so much time, regardless of class. Make them declare which class they will next level in, and they can spread the training time out over the level.

Those who are self-taught take twice as long. Those who are picking up a new class or PrC also need twice the amount of training.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads