My latest game is FINALLY out, and I'm so stupidly pleased

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Congrats for your game! Is this your first experience or did you publish other works before this one? As i am currently doing the same, i'd be really interested to hear your story!
This is my 4th (?) published full game after Owl Hoot Trail (old west meets D&D), TimeWatch (GUMSHOE time travel where you play time agents fixing history), and Wait For Me (solo journaling game). I need to write fewer words and pump games out more quickly.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Are there any plans to do an SRD for SotS? I can see a lot of great hacks there.

Edit: I'm not even sure there are any GUMSHOE SRD type things, or any OGL access. I probably could have looked that up before posting... :p

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Are there any plans to do an SRD for SotS? I can see a lot of great hacks there.

Edit: I'm not even sure there are any GUMSHOE SRD type things, or any OGL access. I probably could have looked that up before posting... :p
I'm sure the IP will be closed, but I bet they'll add new mechanics to the SRD at some point in the next year or so.

Vaslov

Explorer
Congratulations. I am very excited that my own copy showed up on Thursday night. I've been reading through this weighty tome over the weekend. Really enjoy the side bars where Emily and You step out and talk a bit about the rules playtest history, alternatives takes and comments of how the rules could reflect scenes from various pieces of fiction.

Only question I have at this point came from a review I read a while back claiming one of the working titles for the game was "Gumthews". Is this true? Inspired me to title first story I'll use with the rule set "Mighty Thews".

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Only question I have at this point came from a review I read a while back claiming one of the working titles for the game was "Gumthews". Is this true? Inspired me to title first story I'll use with the rule set "Mighty Thews".
The alternative was "Thewshoe", and no one wanted that.

My wife is still pissed I didn't keep it as GUMTHEWS, honestly. See the list of "rules for sword & sorcery" in the GM chapter for more references to mighty thews!

GwaihirAgain

Explorer
Back in the early 2000s when I was writing my storyhour here at EN World, one of the locations was the city of Eversink: a highly political swamp city that was oozing with adventure. Well, maybe not "oozing." Because that's gross. But the city was always sinking into the swamp, slowly, meaning it was an iceberg of underground dungeons and lost buildings. That has since become the setting for Swords of the Serpentine, Emily Dresner's and my new GUMSHOE sword & sorcery game from Pelgrane Press. I got to toss in all the sort of stuff I love (social combat, cinematic warfare, freeform sorcery, and political manipulation). After a very long pandemic delay it is hitting peoples' doorsteps this week, and it hugely fun to see what they think.

Plus, it's pretty and built like a brick. :D

Ask me questions - Setting, rules, game design, swords & sorcery, the huge paper shortage right now, barbecue, anything!

View attachment 253910

Hoping to pickup a copy of this at Gen Con.

Remove ads