• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Minature Creations!!!! Yay Me!!

Drakmar

Explorer
Ok.. lets see if I can get this right.

this should be a pic of my completed half orc monk. Unpainted at this stage.

Attachments

• halforcmonk3.jpg
    halforcmonk3.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 428

Drakmar

Explorer
I currently have three minatures in the works. The White Crane Monk, A Star Wars Soldier.. and a Nordic Warrior.

and of course, I have to paint the h/orc. Once I get my paints back from a mate.

Tewligan

First Post
Ooh, good stuff! My current mini is stalled at the moment. It's currently just a pair of legs and boots - legs which are pretty well sculpted and muscled, I'll be so immodest as to say. My temporary dead-end is brought about partly from lack of time, but mostly because I'm still trying to figure out what I want it to be from the waist up! Oh, decisions, decisions... Anyway, I'll hopefully get back to work on it this week - otherwise, Drak's gonna be running circles around me in his sculpting rampage! Again, nice work.

Drakmar

Explorer
I will say one thing though.. having more than one minature on the boil at a time makes it easier to work.. I think because it forces me to look in great detail at different mini's.. and because I am trying different things on each of them.

Kip the Bold

First Post
Hey, those look very cool :) You wouldn't happen to know where to find a good tutorial about making minis, would you? I have always wanted to give it a shot, but I really have no idea how to even begin. What the heck is that green stuff, anyways? Do you eventually cast them in metal? Just curious...

Tewligan

First Post
Kip the Bold said:
Hey, those look very cool :) You wouldn't happen to know where to find a good tutorial about making minis, would you? I have always wanted to give it a shot, but I really have no idea how to even begin. What the heck is that green stuff, anyways? Do you eventually cast them in metal? Just curious...
There's a Yahoo group for mini sculptors, Kip. There are a fair number of industry pros in there, and from what I've seen they're really helpful in there. I can't remember the name of it - haven't been in there for quite a while - but it should be easy to search out.

The green stuff is called Kneadatite. You can buy it through Games Workshop (at GW prices...), or get it from one of many online locations. Reaper Miniatures makes armatures that you can build your mini on, which you can see in Drak's White Lotus pic, or you can build your own armatures out of wire if you're a sucker for punishment.

The figs you buy at the FLGS are cast from masters made of - yep - Kneadatite on an armature. Actually, I'm bouncing the idea around in my head of possibly trying to shop some stuff around to some smaller mini companies once I think I've reached a reasonable skill level. I've been pleasantly surprised at the jump in quality between my last mini and the one I'm almost finished with currently. If I ever get marketable, the ENWorld Miniatures forum will hear it first!

Anyway, hope this gets you pointed in the right direction. If you get something sculpted up, be sure to get a picture up for us to see.

EDIT: Ahh, here it is - this oughtta help:
http://lyonstudio.com/Sculpting/1listsculptFAQ 1_2.htm

Last edited:

Remove ads