• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Paladin's Code

Vaxalon

First Post
With some help from NiTessine, I made up a paladin's code for my character in his Eberron game:

"I wield not the Sword when the Fist will do.
I wield not the Fist when the Word will do.
I wield not the Word when Silence will do.

I wield them in the defense of my Faith.
I wield them in the defense of my King.
I wield them in the defense of the Weak.

I wield them not in selfish pursuit of Profit.
I wield them not in selfish pursuit of Power.
I wield them not in selfish pursuit of Prestige."

Len

Prodigal Member
Nice, I like it! Except the last verse. I play a rogue, and the fighter/paladin cramps his style even without that oath. :D

Seriously, it's nicely done.

sparxmith

First Post
Len said:
Nice, I like it! Except the last verse. I play a rogue, and the fighter/paladin cramps his style even without that oath. :D

Seriously, it's nicely done.

Not to be overly argumentative, (I'm good at starting trouble =-) but maybe your rogue is cramping the Paladin's style. ; :cool:

Just my two sparx,

Sparxmith

Nasma

First Post
Nice. In the second verse, does the order that the vows have been listed correspond to their significance (Faith before king, before weak)?

Len

Prodigal Member
sparxmith said:
Not to be overly argumentative, (I'm good at starting trouble =-) but maybe your rogue is cramping the Paladin's style. ; :cool:
*shrug* Maybe, but so what? :)

Vaxalon

First Post
Nasma said:
Nice. In the second verse, does the order that the vows have been listed correspond to their significance (Faith before king, before weak)?

Yes, because that's the order of precedence of his obedience; first to the church, next to the king, last to his own decisions about what to do.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads