• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E My Review of Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes is Live will also answer any questions

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
What bothers me about Tome of Foes is, once again, the complete ignorance of the Yuogloths. For decades, at this point, since Planescape setting many of us have always wanted more lore, update lore, and other things Yugoloth related. We get yet more rehash (and reimaginings) of the Demons and Devils for the umpteenth time, yet we get mere blurbs about the Yugoloths.

When will WotC take a break from Demons and Devils and shine spotlight on the Yugoloths more? After 5 editions, I think we have more than enough Devil/Demon material.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I thought they might be coming since Perkins used one with Acq Inc storyline or was it Dice Camera Action? I personally never used them in any edition going back to my 2e hey day but hopefully we get more cool monsters for 5e.

What bothers me about Tome of Foes is, once again, the complete ignorance of the Yuogloths. For decades, at this point, since Planescape setting many of us have always wanted more lore, update lore, and other things Yugoloth related. We get yet more rehash (and reimaginings) of the Demons and Devils for the umpteenth time, yet we get mere blurbs about the Yugoloths.

When will WotC take a break from Demons and Devils and shine spotlight on the Yugoloths more? After 5 editions, I think we have more than enough Devil/Demon material.

We got a lot of Yugoloths this book.

SharnDM

Explorer
Hey everyone, sorry for the weekend+ long silence. I was attending Geekway to the West here in St. Charles Missouri so I was indisposed. I'll look things over soon and answer some untouched inquiries!

gyor

Legend
We got a lot of Yugoloths this book.

My favourite Yugoloths is the Merrenloth, shockingly powerful for it's CR in a mostly none combat way, which really high lights that Challange Rating is just about combat, not about how powerful as a whole a creature is.

Heck the Merrenloth isn't really interested in combat to begin with, which makes them stand out compared to all the murderous fiends out there. Another fiend that really stands out to me is the Dybbuk, which is clearly influenced by the exorcist movie.

Also is it me or is Primus and his Modrons responsible for a lot of creatures in 5e or what. Primus directly caused the Slaad, Mordons, Inevitibles, and via a rogue Hexton, Steel Predators.

Also is it me or is Primus and his Modrons responsible for a lot of creatures in 5e or what. Primus directly caused the Slaad, Mordons, Inevitibles, and via a rogue Hexton, Steel Predators.

I don't have a copy - and it may be a while before I get one - so I have to ask. How did Primus create the Slaadi (who are chaotic)?

Remove ads