• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My self indulgent reason for loving issue 354

Razz

Banned
Banned
So once I was told by Erik Mona that it'd be sometime for an article detailing the Hierarch Modrons and that it was only an "IF" and not a "For sure" answer, I decided to take it upon myself to unofficially stat them out myself.

I personally had to do this because, well, I'm impatient. So I began fiddling with the Hierarchs, reading over their entries in 1E, 2E, 3E Web Enhancement, Dragon #354 and Dungeon #144's Tertian and came up with this.

There's no unique abilities among any of them, like the ones Ken Marable did, and I do think they all need 1 or two. A few should get Repetitive Attack, I believe, like in Dragon #354.

I just did the base work. I wasn't sure what to do with the Secundus so not only did I upgrade it using the Tertian as a base, and the Solar and Pit Fiend, but also used the 3.0 version as comparison.

I used the old monster format because, well, I hate the new one and it's confusing. It's harder to read, too. It's in an RTF file, so Wordpad should open it.

So check it out, use it if you like it, toy with it, suggest some stuff, cause I am rearing to run a modron campaign and decided to attempt these meager conversions for the sake of my own sanity.

3.5 Unofficial Hierarch Modron Conversion

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads