• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Spell is Broken, Help Me Fix It

Graf

Explorer
Exhaustion is never a reasonable penalty for a high level spell.
It's easily avoided and doesn't apply to a bunch of creature types (read: undead, warforged, etc).

This spell is extremely (brokenly) powerful.
It should be 8th level, have a duration of one round and a total spell limit of some sort (either one spell and one non-spellcasting standard action or total spell limit).

Otherwise an 18th level wizard can basically drop this spell and then be lobbing the equivalent of a meteor swarm and a quickened meteor swarm in a round.

Spells that let you cast multiple spells per round and are better than quickening are basically broken. As are any spells that are more powerful than time stop and/or lower level verisons of higher level spells (i.e. getting the same effect as time stop but at lower levels).

Technik4

First Post
If the biggest problem is casting 2 spells, maybe do like the above poster suggested: Non-quickened spells cast in a double action round may not exceed X spell levels, where X is what you feel is safe..

Sravoff

First Post
In Relics And Rituals, the drawbacks include:
9th Level Spell
5,000gp Spell Component
-4 On All Will Saves During This Time
If Moving And Casting A Spell, Must Make A Concentration Check, DC=15+Spell Level.

It also lasts 1 Minute/Level, and allows four spells to be cast if the mage uses still and silent spell togather. I think this is 3.0 material, since it makes a reference to Haste allowing even more spells to be cast per round.

The spell in Relics And Rituals flavors towards splitting a mind in two, and less on a haste spell on crack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads