• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Story Hour is over 663 pages in Word!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
So, I was just compiling my story hour into a zipped up word document and added up the various pieces I found that not including the most recent thread (the Fearless Manticore Killers & The Necropolis of Doom!), which has yet to be compiled the whole monster is six hundred and sixty-three pages long, single-spaced and with slightly less then one inch margins.

I never realized when started the thing nearly three years ago that I would write so damn much!

The newest thread is probably another 100 to 150 pages (or perhaps more) and I am still about 20 session behind!

Wow.

So, how long do your stories come to in Word and you ever written anything so long? (even the two novels I've written were less than 300 pages long each)

Softwind

First Post
Wow. Mines is only 103 pages thus far, but then again, half a score of the pages are just notes, and not really fleshed out. I'm kinda lazy that way - I wait until I haven't posted for a week before frantically trying to remember what happened in a session 4 months past, then type up what I *think* occured, and post it.

Eventually I hope to top 150 pages! But that will be summertime at least. Not too bad for 2 years of gaming. Perhaps if I put in more dialog, and less narative description of actions...

*sigh* Maybe *that's* why I don't get posters on my link. It reads too much like a log book, and not so much like a story...

Old One

First Post
Hah!

Nemm -

Your characters talk too damn much :p! If you cut out all that dialogue, your SH would be 3 pages long ;)!

The last time I compiled mine (around Session 15), it was right around 180 pages, but I am almost done with Session 22 now, and those jumbled files contain another 125 pages, so I am up over 300.

~ Old One

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Old One said:
Your characters talk too damn much :p! If you cut out all that dialogue, your SH would be 3 pages long ;)!

Phil, you shouldn't exaggerate. I checked, and it would be 5 1/2 pages. :D

Enkhidu

Explorer
When Small Beginnings was still active (note to self - find the time to finish Part 3 of Small Beginnings and friggin' start on The Heroes of Icemist), we ended up with 137 pages in 10pt Verdana. With the footnotes I'm adding as I recompile it, it might grow to 140 something.

And that was for a trip through the Sunless Citadel.

Old One

First Post
Hah!

Piratecat said:
Phil, you shouldn't exaggerate. I checked, and it would be 5 1/2 pages. :D

You should round up and give him six ;)!

BTW - Just to totally hijack the thread...er...nevermind, I will e-mail you :p!

~ Old One

Remove ads