• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Story Hour is over 663 pages in Word!

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Hijacking the thread

(contact) said:
I think this goes without saying.

But what I want to know from you is: If you make three twenty sided rolls, what are the chances that one of those rolls will be a "1"?

One of those rolls will be a "1" 1141 times out of 8000; or slightly more often than a getting a "1" on a single roll of a D8.

Now

What are the chances that one of those rolls will be a "20"?

(Sorry for the hijack, but I don't even have a pagecount :( )

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
nemmerle said:
MAV!!

Where ya been? We've missed you! Did you read about Finn's adventures?

To answer your first question, I moved last summer, and was without a computer for months.

Of course once I had the computer back again, it was easier to get caught up on the other story hours that yours, because they had fewer pages. ;)
For some SH's there was only 1 update over those months. :p

So no, I am not up to date on FMK&TNoD, and I have not read about Finn (Yet).

Old One

First Post
Holy Cow!

MavrickWeirdo said:
To answer your first question, I moved last summer, and was without a computer for months.

Of course once I had the computer back again, it was easier to get caught up on the other story hours that yours, because they had fewer pages. ;)
For some SH's there was only 1 update over those months. :p

So no, I am not up to date on FMK&TNoD, and I have not read about Finn (Yet).

Mav,

Good to see you! Glad you are computerized again :D!

~ Old One

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Storyhour Pages in word: 132
Length in Words : 97 760
Words per Session: 12 220

Number of Pages of Thesis Notes done in roughly the same timespan: a little over 30.

Man, I wish this thread hadn't made me think about this :)

Lela said:
And EV, how many sessions have you typed up so far? You can't leave that one out. ;)

This guy, here, is the wordi one. He beats you all, hands down.

Of course, it is worth it. ;)

Nine sessions... not counting the one I'm updating right now...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
arwink said:
Number of Pages of Thesis Notes done in roughly the same timespan: a little over 30.

Clearly, you need to change the topic of your thesis to "dynamic interactions in a controlled fantasy fiction." I have it on good authority that thesis commitees love fireballs.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
The first part of my story hour is 164 pages in word (Verdana 10 pt), and just under 91,000 words. The second part is about as long, but I don't have it on the computer I'm using right now. So roughly 320 pages - and I haven't updated in over a year! I need to get to work, man...

Softwind

First Post
The secret is mine!

A-ha! I've discovered the secret to high word count!

/whisper "Conversation," he says.

"Conversation? Not just uneventful retelling of events?" Much like what the majority of his story hour posts have been like. Glossing over discussion, or at most, refering to its outcome without resorting to identifying the participants therein. Factual, but uninteresting, or perhaps tedious would be a better description.

"Ahem. As I was saying, the secret to achieving high word count is conversations! Since I have changed my format to include the conversations, word count has soared."

Well, not really soared per se. More like, flapped harder. In just 2 new episode write-ups, I've increased page count by 13 (33 sessions taking up 103 pages, sessions 34 and 35 adding the next 13 pages) Does this mean I'm artificially puffing my stories? Or, that I need now go back and re-write and re-post the first 30-odd sessions?

Perhaps the latter, maybe someday the former. Suffice it to say, total words used thus far is 72,863. And I have 10 more sessions to go before catching up with where the players are now at. Whoo, I got chills. This is more fun, and more work, than the previous way I was writing. I'm excited now!

Last edited:

Remove ads