• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My sub ran out, but I can still access D&D Insider...

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
Well, this is rather odd: my D&D Insider subscription ran out on June 21st, getting the "subscription ran out" confirmation email and everything, but I'm still able to access DDI content. Haven't tried to update the character builder (no update!), but I'm able to get at the compendium and DDI-only articles. I initially chalked this up to a delay in a database update or something, but it's been almost two weeks! :confused:

Has anyone else had this happen?

Also, who can I contact to get this fixed? I mean, it's kind of cool and all, but I'm getting a service without paying for it. I have no idea where to find the appropriate contact information; I couldn't find anything poking around on the wizards site or the account settings within it. :blush:

malraux

First Post
Well, this is rather odd: my D&D Insider subscription ran out on June 21st, getting the "subscription ran out" confirmation email and everything, but I'm still able to access DDI content. Haven't tried to update the character builder (no update!), but I'm able to get at the compendium and DDI-only articles. I initially chalked this up to a delay in a database update or something, but it's been almost two weeks! :confused:

Also, who can I contact to get this fixed? I mean, it's kind of cool and all, but I'm getting a service without paying for it. I have no idea where to find the appropriate contact information; I couldn't find anything poking around on the wizards site or the account settings within it. :blush:

Have you tried logging out or clearing your cookies? As a hunch, I bet that when you log in it checks your status, but the cookie that gets sent to your computer doesn't contain the expiration date for your account.

tuxgeo

Adventurer

When I let my subscription lapse this year, the e-mail I got from WotC told me that I would automatically receive a short grace period of continuing Insider access after the subscription ended, to allow me to resubscribe without interim loss of service.
Basically, there is a slight disconnect between WotC and DigitalRiver, who manage the subscriptions: if you turn off auto-resubscribe, you have to let your one subscription lapse entirely before subscribing again, in order to avoid ending up with two different paid subscriptions.
They are working on getting that changed, but don't hold your breath.

Christian

Explorer
I think mine lasted for a week or so after it expired, before I had to re-up in order to access protected content. It wasn't pure free time, either--when I paid for another year, it started the counter for that on the expiration date of my old subscription, rather than from the date I paid; so you can't get net free time by waiting to resubscribe until the grace period ends.

Scribble

First Post
Get Desmond to put in some numbers every 108 minutes to keep you logged in.

bip... bip...

SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE. SYSTEM FAILURE.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I'd just like to figure out how to end my subscription. Navigating to "Cancel" is impossible...
I found the following links on the WotC site, this way:
[1] Login on their D&D welcome page;
[2] click the "Account" button;
[3] on the "Account Details" page (accounts.wizards.com/content/AccountDetail.aspx), click the "View" button that follows the "Manage D&D Insider Account:" heading (doing so takes you to store.digitalriver.com);
[4] click the "My Order History" link (you may have to login again).

Near the bottom of the resulting page, there are links for:
[Cancel Subscription Immediately]
[Renew Subscription]
[Deactivate Auto Renew]
[CHG PRODUCT] -- which currently does nothing
and [History].

The Little Raven

First Post
Digital River... gah.

My account listed no order history, no subscription history, and no active subscription. I contacted them and they told me that according to their records, I did not have an active account (despite downloading updates and getting access to everything). Then my account renewed and they charged a credit card. I contacted them again and got a completely different response.

This is quite possibly the worst internet payment provider I have ever seen.

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
When I let my subscription lapse this year, the e-mail I got from WotC told me...
Thanks for the explanation! That makes sense :) I actually don't remember seeing anything similar in my email, so that clears that up. Still, two weeks is quite lengthy. I suppose if it keeps up I'll mention something to them, otherwise I won't worry about it.

I think mine lasted for a week or so after it expired, before I had to re-up in order to access protected content. It wasn't pure free time, either--when I paid for another year, it started the counter for that on the expiration date of my old subscription, rather than from the date I paid; so you can't get net free time by waiting to resubscribe until the grace period ends.
Well, that'll probably be frustrating if/when I renew. Thanks for the heads-up!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads