My thoughts on: The Mutant Epoch!

Muldook

First Post
Far and away the most immersive RPG experience I have encountered. I dipped my ten toes into The Mutant Epoch starting with the Mall of Doom multi-path adventure book which served as a great introduction to the game. I was immediately impressed by the volume and quantity of the artwork within, all of which appears to be hand drawn in a very distinct and unique style. This coupled with the cool narratives and theme really gives this game it's own identity. You know when you're playing Mutant Epoch! And that's what sets it apart from the other RPG's I've played. There's so much character and charm in post-apocalyptic world. It's humorous and bizarre, yet dark and gritty all at once. The books, each as equally great as the last, are a pleasure to own in their own right such is the level of artistry inside, not to mention a bargain for the price. There's an incredible amount of content here, including heaps of free downloads on the website. The game is very well supported by its creators. Gameplay is complex but intuitive and easy for new players to learn with just the right amount of rigidity/flexibility that allows for players to express themselves freely whilst maintaining a good pace of progression. Character creation is almost a game in its own right! There are so many variations and abilities that no two players are even remotely alike. Overall, TME is a beast of a game! Not just the only post-apocalyptic RPG you will ever need, but the only RPG you will ever need fullstop.

Last edited:

Remove ads