Mystara Collector's Guide

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I doubt this is enough for inclusion, but the AD&D 2E product Warriors of Heaven had an appendix where it listed a large number of good and neutral deities from various campaign settings that were appropriate for a celestial to serve/worship.

Among these were the Immortals from Mystara, translated into AD&D deities.

It's a small reference, but perhaps not an unimportant one.

Big Mac

Explorer
Awesome, as always. :)

I'm wondering if the Thunder Rift stuff should be separated out into its own subcategory, though. It is its own distinct mini-setting, though connected to Mystara.

Hmmm... I'm not sure there was enough Thunder Rift content to warrant a subcategory. That would basically be the Challenger line, minus Wrath of the Immortals, Creature Catalog and Champions of Mystara, I think.

There is enough Thunder Rift content to warrant a Thunder Rift subforum at The Piazza. That should be enough to keep a TR fan happy. ;)

I doubt this is enough for inclusion, but the AD&D 2E product Warriors of Heaven had an appendix where it listed a large number of good and neutral deities from various campaign settings that were appropriate for a celestial to serve/worship.

Among these were the Immortals from Mystara, translated into AD&D deities.

It's a small reference, but perhaps not an unimportant one.

I think that qualifies too. I think that core books with multi-setting support are far more important to collectors that generic books.

On another note, I see that some, but not all First Quest products are not here and think that the rest should be looked at. The First Quest CD boxed set is something I know about (as it has a Spelljammer/Mystara link to it) but there are also a couple more novels that you have not listed.

EDIT: Actually you have the other three First Quest novels, but have them under the heading "Quest Triad". Maybe they should be listed as "First Quest: Quest Triad", as they have the First Quest logo on them and Quest Triad is in much smaller text. I think that Quest Triad is just the name of the trillogy.

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
On another note, I see that some, but not all First Quest products are not here and think that the rest should be looked at. The First Quest CD boxed set is something I know about (as it has a Spelljammer/Mystara link to it) but there are also a couple more novels that you have not listed.
Is there Mystara specific content in the First Quest set? First Quest is based on the the AD&D rule-set rather than D&D, but if it has Mystara content, it should be listed here too.

EDIT: Actually you have the other three First Quest novels, but have them under the heading "Quest Triad". Maybe they should be listed as "First Quest: Quest Triad", as they have the First Quest logo on them and Quest Triad is in much smaller text. I think that Quest Triad is just the name of the trillogy.
Good suggestion, I'll fix that next time this one gets an update.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I haven't read my old First Quest boxed set in years, but while one of its four adventures was a Spelljammer one, I don't recall anything Mystara-specific in it.

havard

Adventurer
*bump*

While we have to wait until June, Chronicles of Mystara has been announced. It is effectively an updated version of the two arcade games Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara, but it seems there is enough added material to consider it a separate product, at least in terms of the product list.

:)

-Havard

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Thanks, I've already added that to my local version of this Guide ;)

I'm generally updating the Collector's Guides on the ENWorld wiki about once a week with new additions, but my local copies change almost every day!

Remove ads