Mystara - In Search of Adventure

Gyojin

First Post
Sundim looked ahead at the room. Sundim began to speak to the others, "All right, here's a plan. Korin, Jonas, you two stand on the sides of the door. And...when I give the signal, open it. Then, me...and...Bulboos and Ingwe will fire at the wolves, if we can see them. Then...wait. Olaf, did you cast a spell against those goblins earlier, or am I going mad?"

Bulboos

No! We cannot kill those innocent and nonevil animals, this is pure cruelty. We should open the doors and give'em the space and the opportunity to flee outside the castle.
Bulboos protests
But I agree, if the wolves will attack us, then we shall fight.
Stay in the corridor and let me handle them.

The Halfling ranger pulls out some of his rations, hopefully he'll calm the wolves.

*Handle animal +1

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonas looks at the halfling for a moment. "Indeed, in fact I would like to know why they are in there in the FIRST place. If we are going to do this though, we should all get out of the way, so they do not feel threatened."

[sblock=ooc]
I don't have handle Animal, but I have Survival and Ride, and Jonas is a wild-plains barbarian, could I make an Aid Another check?
(ALso, incidentally I just noticed I'm 4 short for skill points. hehe.. woops. I'd LIKE to say they were supposed to be in Handle Animal, but I realistically would've spent them on 4 different skills just to get a rank each...
DM, what should I do about that? Wait till after the current encounter then add them, or what?[/sblock]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
After a quick discussion you decide to let Bulboos to try and diffuse the situation with the wolves. Entering the sparsely furnished room you arrange yourselves around the edges of the room, or in the case of Ingwë and Sundim, on top of the recently vacated bed.

Bulboos takes out his rations and opens the door to a grassy courtyard which is open to the sky. Six doors, including the one by which you entered, line the walls. There are two large wolves in the middle of the courtyard. As Bulboos opens the door the wolves turn in your directions and begin to growl at you.

Throwing his rations to the hungry looking wolves seems to mollify them somewhat, and by making soothing sounds and talking to them in a gentle tone of voice seems to further put them at ease. Seeing that they are intent on leaving the castle Bulboos steps aside and allows the wolves to escape thru the open doors.

XP Reward: 90 each (traders) 60 each(wolves).

[sblock=OOC]
Wolves: I used diplomacy checks to handle the situation (like wild empathy but without the Druid bonus.) I treated Handle Animal as giving Bulboos a synergy bonus and allowed Jonas to Aid Bulboos due to his points in Survival. Not a perfect solution I know but it seemed appropriate so I'll continue to do this in the future.

I always try to temper game mechanics with what seems reasonable and realistically possible, so feel free to be creative even if it is outside of the RAW. That's what having a DM is all about.

Jemal: Feel free to spend your skill points as you like.

~~~~

Where to next?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gyojin

First Post
"...Well, whatever works, I suppose. Come, we must make sure all of the rooms are clear," Sundim said. He walked to the door directly across and paused. "I wonder, maybe we could have handeled the goblin situation peacefully as well. They are not exactly mindless creatures. Oh well, they're already dead, so it's not like we can ask thier bodies nicly to leave anymore eh?" Sundim smiled to himself and opened the door once everyone was in the room.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Gyojin said:
"...Well, whatever works, I suppose. Come, we must make sure all of the rooms are clear," Sundim said. He walked to the door directly across and paused. "I wonder, maybe we could have handeled the goblin situation peacefully as well. They are not exactly mindless creatures. Oh well, they're already dead, so it's not like we can ask thier bodies nicly to leave anymore eh?" Sundim smiled to himself and opened the door once everyone was in the room.
OOC: Please include a cell reference from the map, so that I'm sure of which room you're entering. :D

okuth0r

First Post
These Folks do be quick, no time for proper thought in anything. Oh well, no time to do things in a proper dwarven way, slow and steady. I should just follow these and be prepared, maby well get to do some more bashing...

Korin follows the others, waiting for something to bash, or somenoe to heal...

OOC[sblock] sorry, mostly visit these boards at work, was in training all last week [/sblock]

Remove ads