Mystara - In Search of Adventure

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonas laughed heartily at Olaf's joke as he gulped at his third ale, noting with dissapointment that Olaf had allready caught up with him. Oh well, if he let the man do the speaking, then he could do the drinking. His grin widened as he finished the ale.

Bulboos Quickhands - Halfling Ranger

Bulboos stands on the chair, elbows on the tall table, ears pricked, he listens to what the human which follows the name Old Arn say about a tale or a local adventure.
Oh.. my hot water.
he smiles to the wench and soak the smelly leaves in the cup.

Last edited:

Gyojin

First Post
Sundim hacks a cough to diguise his laugh, and then drains his glass of water. "I would love to hear a tale or rumor as well. But first, I need another drink," Sundim waves a serving wench over who places a glass of water in front of him.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Enjoying the rough humour of those at the table Old Arn happily spins a tale whereby his old adventuring group tackled a small army of fiend worshiping Trolls, and wherein Arn played a pivotal role in battling the 12 foot tall Trollish leader and finally slew him with the aid of the mighty 'Venom Tongue.'

After being prompted once again regarding any rumours of adventurous work Arn looks significantly at his empty tankard. Filled once again Arn smiles warmly at the group.

"So ya lookin at doing a wee bit of adventuring are ya, well Old Arn has heard a thing or two that may be of interest to ya" taking a large mouthful of ale he pauses theatrically obviously savouring the moment before his captive audience.

Wiping the foam from his mouth with the back of his hand he gazes once more at each of you "Why lads, just last week a merchant by the name of Caldwell came in here and hung up a wee note asking for help from some able bodied young layabouts like yourself. I've also heard tell that the Church might be in needing a wee bit of help as well. Other than that I can only suggest that you return at a more civilized hour and ask a few of me patron if'n they heard naught else."

Finishing his ale in long swallow Arn stands up and returns his chair to whence it came "Old Arn can't be sittin around all day with the likes of you guttersnipes, I have me reputation to think of after all and ton of work to do to ensure that the Black Jug is ready for more respectable sorts. Good Day to you gents" Throwing the table a wink and a smile 'Old Arn'* heads off to the kitchen humming a lively tune as he goes.
* 'Old Arn' is in his mid fifties

OOC: A mug of Ale cost 4 Kopec's or you can get a Gallon for 2 Crona's. Old Arn had 3 mugs of ale during the course of his tale and rumour swapping (Gather Info check) courtesy of the table. Please make sure you deduct the appropriate amounts from your character sheets.

ethandrew

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
OOC: A mug of Ale cost 4 Kopec's or you can get a Gallon for 2 Crona's. Old Arn had 3 mugs of ale during the course of his tale and rumour swapping (Gather Info check) courtesy of the table. Please make sure you deduct the appropriate amounts from your character sheets.

Ingwë grins at the old man's tale of troll-slaying. Even though a lot of the words were lost in translation, he could still picture an epic battle occurring, himself in the middle of a host of trolls, fighting them all off with his spear, tearing tendons and sinew alike. His smile fades as the trolls slowly transform into his former pack, each one snarling and laughing alike as he spearpoint rips into their flesh.

Furrowing his brow ever so slightly, Ingwë reaches into his coin purse and produces five shiny Royal's. He lays them on the table before Old Arn can leave to attend is duties, "For our foods and drinks, and for the stories."

Rolzup

First Post
Leaning back in his chair, Olaf stares towards the ceiling as he takes a drink of his ale.

"Might be worth seeking out this Caldwell fellow," he suggests to the air. "Hear what he has to say, what he has to offer."

Lowering his gaze, he grimaces a little. "Me, I've spoken to enough churchmen over the past few weeks, and have no urge to seek out another so quickly. Tedium is all too often the price of learning, lads. Remember that."

Bulboos

Yeah, I'm with you Olaf, dealing with merchants could open opportunities in the future. I rather deal with them then with priests.
Reply the small halfling

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Deciding to look further into the offer of the Merchant named Caldwell Olaf wanders over to the notice board, quickly locating the advertisement Olaf brings it back to the table and reads it out to the group.

Wanted! Qualified Eviction Personnel

Qualified Eviction personnel are urgently sought to clear out all inhabitants of a recently acquired castle. If you are interested and feel that you're qualified, please seek out Clifton Caldwell at Caldwell's Emporium on Merchants Avenue

Regards

Clifton Caldwell

Rolzup

First Post
"Qualified. Eviction. Personnel," Olaf repeats, letting the words roll off his tongue. "I do like that. Clearly, this is a man with a proper sense of style and decorum. Although I cannot help but wonder what sort of inhabitants he's speaking of, eh?"

He shrugs, chuckles, and drains his flagon. "Only one way to find out, it seems."

ethandrew

First Post
"Could be unwanted guests, late payers, or something more.. umm.. bad? Some reason this sounds swimmy, no.. fishy. Maybe we see priest and choose our options then? But I could sit outside castle and howl all night, then they get no sleep and leave?"

Remove ads