Mystara - In Search of Adventure

Gyojin

First Post
"Well, the only problem with going to the priests is that we don't know how long either of the offers will last. We could clear out this castle, but by the time we are finished, the clerics may not need aid anymore, or the other way around. So if we went to the clerics now, it could be a waste of our time. I say we go to Caldwell and accept it, then try to see if we could help with the clerics. If their job is still up for grabs, we will take it. If not, no skin off our noses," Sundim said to the table. He took another gulp from his water.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonas nods, looking at the note, turning it sideways then upside down, but not able to tell what it says before shrugging and handing it back.
"Well, I'm all for clearing out some castle. probably some nasty beasts in there for us to slay. So, this Caldwell gets my vote!" The firey bearded dwarf grins. "Besides, I'm guessing the Merchant'll pay more.

ethandrew

First Post
"Do we finish our meal and drink or do we go there directly?" Ingwë asks between drinks. "I am fed well and full with food. I am good to eradicate castle livers."

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonas shrugged "I've eaten, and I've only half an Ale left, but I haven't hit anything in a good long while..."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Making your way down the wide pleasant looking streets of Threshold, you soon find yourselves in the upmarket mercantile district of Merchants Avenue, where instead of hawking their goods on tables and trestles as they do in the marketplace, the merchants here have tidy looking shops with colourful signs and banners proclaiming their wares.

Looking somewhat out of place from the rest of the well-dressed well-to-do passerby's, your group locates and enters Caldwell's Emporium the self proclaimed Pugnacious Purveyor in Pernicious Paraphernalia. whatever that exactly means.

As you enter the small shop a bell jingles pleasantly to announce your presence, strolling down the isles you see an odd collections of what many would called 'old junk' but which the wealthy prefer to call objet d'art. Here and there are serious looking couples ohing and ahing over the strangest of things in hushed whispers. "Can you believe it, it's a genuine 2nd century Thyatian porcelain bed pan, it's even got that authentic smell..."

Making you way to the counter you see a well dressed stout man with shrewd-looking eyes who manages to force out an almost genuine smile and who addresses you in a cultured voice "How may I be of assistance gentleman"

Rolzup

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Making you way to the counter you see a well dressed stout man with shrewd-looking eyes who manages to force out an almost genuine smile and who addresses you in a cultured voice "How may I be of assistance gentleman"

"He's clearly speaking to me," Olaf murmurs sotto voce, "As I'm most obviously a gentleman....

"Good day, my friend!"
he booms as he steps forward. "My companions and I are here to speak to Master Caldwell, regarding his problematic castle. Are you the gentleman in question?"

ethandrew

First Post
Ingwë looks in awe over all the wares in this shop. He has never seen such an accumulation of wealth, such a wonderous bevy of unusual items on display. Barely noticing the interaction between the shopkeep and Olaf, Ingwë stares at the other visitors in the store, judging them soft individuals, hardly qualified evictors of castle patrons.

He wanders a bit, touching a few trinkets here and there, mostly letting his fingers drag along while he walks slowly by. Sniffing around the room as he goes, Ingwë is merely content to explore this vast cornucopia assembled around him.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonas shook his head at the so-called 'wonders'. Beautiful things were one thing, and Useful things were another. Most of what was in this store fell into neither category, and as such was utterly pointless by his view... Creations of a society that wanted to show of how rich it was by such nonsensical items. With an eye roll, he leans forward onto the desk, looking up at the man. "Yes, by all means, sir, we believe we may be able to assist with this... Problem we've heard of."

Remove ads