• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mystic Theurges? Overpowered?

hammymchamham

First Post
No, I'm not asking what you think. We have enough threads on that. Has anyone actually played one yet, and for more than one session. Is it really "overpowered?" I'm more in the camp of "its not..." but I've never seen one in play. So how about you?

AGGEMAM

First Post
It all depends on how how your current campaign is balanced doesn't it ?

I mean I haven't played the 'thing' yet, but it seems this question about under-/over-powered has been brought up since the first splat-book (or even the PHB).

Okay, so this is my advice to DM's out there - read the books you or your players want you to introduce to your campaign, and think hard on what inpact that product will have. Decide from there on and for yourselves.

Angcuru

First Post
I hate to be repetative, but when I converted a 2nd edition cleric/mage over to 3rd for my upandcoming FR campaign using my <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/hero/madius/Mystic_Theurge_Variant.doc">variant of the mystic theurge</a>, it worked out exactly the way i wanted it to. Not to cleric-ish, not too mage-ish, just right. Give it a try.

Bendris Noulg

First Post
hammymchamham said:
So how about you?
Without the remaining 3.5 changes in place, there's no point playing it now to get an accurate accounting. However, given a wide variety of spells, plenty of which aren't effected by Spell Resistance, a player that is good at picking the right spells under those conditions, and with no delay to Epic Spell Casting...

Remove ads