• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Myth & Magic Kickstarter is blowing up!

Papercut

First Post
Myth & Magic a 2e "future-clone" (kinda like Pathfinder or C&C) is up on Kickstarter right now with its full Player's Book and it is blowing up. Up until now, it has had its free starter set available, both Player and GMs book.

If you like the playstyle and feel of 2e but enjoy more modern mechanics, or are looking for a system that is not reliant on minis while having customizability, M&M might be for you. Check out the free books, on rpgnow or available as direct download from here:

http://www.newhavengames.com/#2

I am playing 2e for the first time since 1999 this weekend and I have to say, as I am going through the books some really clunky bits jump right out that newer editions have addressed. I feel M&M has a good compromise for some, not all in on certain things, but cleaning up others.

I worked up some 2e conversion notes if anyone is interested.

Full disclosure- I am in on the Kickstarter, and just an enthusiastic fan.

Cheers

Last edited:

xigbar

Explorer
Definitely going to check it out, since I've always been curious about older play styles, but, I recommend against shortening the name to M & M.

Papercut

First Post
The Paladin will be in the Player's Guide. The Starter Set is the core four classes levels 1-10. There was a playtest paladin offered a while ago, but I think at the moment I would use the 2e paladin, with the M&M Bab and such. The playetest paladin was very much an alpha concept.

If you get involved in the Kickstarter, there will early releases of more refined playtest material. Paladin will be in the mix, as well as many other classes.

Cheers

Papercut

First Post
Quick update, the project has reached two mini-stretch goals of including TSR artists (Clyde Caldwell and one more atm unannounced artist) in addition to being very close to the next big milestone:

$8,000 - We'll use semi-gloss paper with a full bleed page layout and include grayscale full pages and better shaded art.

Woot

Remove ads