• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Myth & Magic Kickstarter is blowing up!

Papercut

First Post
Level 1 and associated sub area of Dwimmermount is available for free to backers now! Free swag as well (probably some sort of character folio).

And the big goal from the beginning has been reached, Easley and/or Elmore art!

Woot

Papercut

First Post
Unofficial update from the horses mouth (he is pretty slammed with stuff it seems, so I am leaking this out):

We have officially decided to provide a deluxe character codex as a free gift to all backers who pledged at a level that includes at least one hardcover. The cover is being completed now. It features a Clyde Caldwell painting that really captures the idea of attaining power. We may ask for a lil help with shipping for folks that want the softcover in their hands, but that will only be a few dollars.
Once we put that on the Kickstarter page, that may help to drive more backers to pledge.
Once we hit 15k, and at every 1k up to and including 20k, all backers will receive an expansion race or class featured in the Players Arcana guide due out in late 2013. This means that if we hit 20k, you'll have three new classes and three new races to play with.
That's a lot of Myth and Magic.
Backers will get something really cool if we get to the ultimate stretch goal of 22,500. I'll announce more on that at 17,500!

Free character codex with Caldwell cover, extra races and classes? Nice!

nexgen

First Post
The Kickstarter has been going very well. As Papercut said above, I've been pretty swamped and haven't had much time to come around and provide updates for those of you that may be on the fence or are just starting to consider pledging.

We have only 11 days left. We're inching up on 350% funded. At the present time, there are loads of special material and options available only to our backers.

In addition to a PDF or hardcover copy of Myth & Magic (based on your pledge), all backers get a) access to the first level of James Maliszewski's Dwimmermount and conversion notes for Myth & Magic; b) a small introductory module written for Myth & Magic that ties into Dwimmermount if you'd like; c) a PDF of the Player's Journal with the default and alternate cover; d) expansion races and classes not available until 2013; and e) the chance to beta test even more races and classes that will appear in upcoming settings if we eclipse $20,000 in funding.

There are several add-ons as well. Backers can add print-version copies of the Player's Journals (even with the limited edition Caldwell cover), and both starter guides (player's and GM's).

We still need support. No doubt about that. For $10, you get a PDF of the Myth & Magic Player's Guide AND Players Journal... For $75.00, you can have four hardcovers for your group.

We'd love to have you on board. Here is the link to the Kickstarter.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I went through the starter combat rules and was very disappointed that they kept 3e rule of having to take a full attack action to use all your attack bonuses... :(

I wish them best of luck though.

Warder

Papercut

First Post
Cool name BW, very sweet!

Disappointed you say? Well you will be happy to know that the "full attack" type stuff has been excised from the final text. Open playtest FTW!

The publisher has commented on this, I'll try to get you a source in a bit. Slammed at work!

Cheers

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Cool name BW, very sweet!

Disappointed you say? Well you will be happy to know that the "full attack" type stuff has been excised from the final text. Open playtest FTW!

The publisher has commented on this, I'll try to get you a source in a bit. Slammed at work!

Cheers

Cool! I already backed this but knowing that having to stand in place in order to use all of your attacks is dead is good in my book :D

Warder

Remove ads