• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Mythic Path Options- Trying to become a god, for all practical purposes. Suggestions welcome.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Long story short, I'm playing a character aspiring to become a god.

In summary, I have a Lawful Evil, half-elf Oracle, Juju mystery, focused around necromancy. Currently Oracle level 6, Mythic Rank 1, took Dual Path, both Hierophant and Marshal paths. From the Hierophant path I chose Inspired spell so I have access to the full Cleric list a few times a day. Being half-elf I took the Ancient Lorekeeper archtype so I have a Arcane spell to choose for each spell level except 9th.

I'm playing a campaign where, in a previous age, humanoids rebelled against the gods, so the gods packed up their toys and went home. My character doesn't really know or care a whole lot about what happened, but he is angry with the gods and the dying world, and he intends to confront them. As directly as possible. And try to re-write the rules of death itself, he's seeking to abolish death. Whether or not he succeeds in this mission is irrelevant and ultimately up to my DM and how the story unfolds.

My DM has introduced Mythic ranks. He says by the time we reach character level 20, we'll likely have about 6 mythic ranks. And so, I'm intending to take at Rank 3, "Divine Source" so clerics can get divine magic directly from me, and use the Mythic feat to take "Extra Path Ability- Beyond Morality". Plan is, Beyond Morality should eliminate the alignment requirement to the Domains I can grant, and I'd choose the Healing (Resurrection) and Death (Undead) domains & Subdomains. This should help get my church off the ground, building a genuine worship of my character to grant spells based around my dogma. My Mythic rank 2 path ability will be Hierophant's Sustained By Faith so I don't need to eat, drink or sleep.

The Leadership feat, Marshal Path abilities such as Commanding Entrance, Potent Message, Demagogue or Fast Friends, spells like Tongues and Cultural Adaptation are all tools I'd use to spread the word of my movement. Finding, training and sending out faithful individuals to spread my dogma to new converts. Once the cleric base built critical mass, I wouldn't need to as actively proselytize on my own behalf, but I need some tricks to get the movement started. Other suggestions welcome. Maybe ways to somehow project my image in the sky, large scale miracles, saving many lives or impressing an entire city would help get things underway.

The spell Stone Shape and basic craft skills would be used to make statues and holy symbols in my likeness. The spell Enter Image should let me perceive thru and interact thru these images of my likeness to speak with my followers. I need to find ways too boost the spell's range, suggestions welcome. Various scrying spells would also work, and when my Clerics cast divination spells that let you communicate with your deity, we should be able to talk.

With access to every Cleric/Oracle spell (not counting domain spells), the ability to hand pick a single Arcane spell per level up to 8, what other sorts of spells would support serving the role of a god? I plan to pick up Teleport when I can choose 6th level spells (Ancient Lorekeeper makes it a possible 6th level spell on my list).

So... never sleeping, all seeing, divine magic-granting, prayer answering, message spreading. I might still be mortal, but I'm working to cover all the bases. Does anyone have any other suggestions for how to fulfill the deity role, with magic and mythic options?

Remove ads